Reloading Shops in East Sussex?

RancidRabbit

Any one have suggestions for a good reloading supplier in East Sussex at all? Equipment and consumables.

Thankyou.

Essexsussex

I reckon Weston’s in brighton would get it in for you - i know he is going to his suppliers next week and fetching me some stuff. I have found them helpful since kwg went down.

RancidRabbit

I reckon Weston’s in brighton would get it in for you - i know he is going to his suppliers next week and fetching me some stuff. I have found them helpful since kwg went down.

Tried going here today.
Must admit that my country bumpkin ways got the better of me. (im not from round this way). Brighton was far too busy, never been there before, traffic was crazy, couldn't park easily. Anxiety kicked in, and I drove straight out of town again. Never actually saw the shop.
Looking at google maps, I think sussexguns might be more my kind of place & pace.

Thanks every one for your suggestions.

Last edited:

Essexsussex

Tried going here today.
Must admit that my country bumpkin ways got the better of me. (im not from round this way). Brighton was far too busy, never been there before, traffic was crazy, couldn't park easily. Anxiety kicked in, and I drove straight out of town again. Never actually saw the shop.
Looking at google maps, I think sussexguns might be more my kind of place & pace.

haha - yup it’s pretty much central Brighton!

DK.260

Ha yes, i know exactly what you mean.
Fight your way into Brighton-try to find somewhere to park- fight your way through the army of and big issue sellers, nutters and trendies- go home empty handed !
For my own wellbeing i just do online via Spud.

Tried going here today.

LeftHandGuy

Sussex guns is not easy to find on your first visit - It's down a farm track. PM me if you need directions.

It's pretty wonderful when you get there. Probably a good idea to call ahead and make sure someone will be there when you're planning to be. It is (or was) literally part of a block of stables.

If you're willing to venture out of East Sussex a little then Potters in Tunbridge Wells are also very good (ignore the large quantities of fashionable country wear and head straight to the back where the rifles are). They can seem expensive at first glance, but were always amenable to a "conversation". And that's with me usually going in there looking a right scruffbag!

Truthfully though, I only bought locally primers, powder and bullets (not necessary now they no longer S5), everything else I pretty much bought online - partly for reasons of price, and partly because I had so little time to spend.

I popped into Sussex Guns a few times whilst my wife was having sewing lessons in Battle. They let my 2 year old son pet their horses!

RancidRabbit

Got to Sussex guns today. Definitely my kind of place. Friendly guy. We will see what business we can do.
Found it easily enough as I had looked on google maps and knew what to expect. I wish that I had more time this morning to have a proper gander.

Got to Sussex guns today. Definitely my kind of place. Friendly guy. We will see what business we can do.
Found it easily enough as I had looked on google maps and knew what to expect. I wish that I had more time this morning to have a proper gander.

Excellent - nice guy Jeremy.

Dodder

+1 for Wilson & Wilson in East Kent. They generally have a pretty good selection of RCBS reloading stuff plus powder & bullets.

nun_hunter

Whist I use Sussex Guns a lot I also go to AC Guns in St Leonard's as he usually has a good selection of Sierra and PPU reloading bits. He'll chew your ear off so it won't be a quick visit.

Sheprador1973

C&H Weston is a great shop with very friendly staff, if you can handle the tourists in there and the extortionate parking fees. I needed some primers and powder recently so called ahead (always a good idea) and they had none.

I did the same with FA Anderson in E Grinstead and they had a range. I drove up and they were extremely helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend them! Not over Weston, but I think they both cater to slightly different customers needs.