Reloading

maxtich

Hi, May i kindly ask, if any one has bought the Hornady lock and load case prep centre? I am having problems with centralising the case to the case pilot on the down word motion, it shifts to the side of the pilot, in-turn it is putting stress on the inside of the case. I look forward to hearing your views on this issue.
Many thanks
Tich

jonny.c

hi, may i kindly ask, if any one has bought the hornady lock and load case prep centre? I am having problems with centralising the case to the case pilot on the down word motion, it shifts to the side of the pilot, in-turn it is putting stress on the inside of the case. I look forward to hearing your views on this issue.
Many thanks
tich

i dont have the hornady case prep but ??? But does it happen with every case and does the brass turn in your hands while doing it??

constantinedes

Hi Bud i did have one sent back because it was not precise enough. surprised with Hornady quality control.
​Hope it has been of help Bud

jonny.c

i would get on the phone mate sounds like its not central so it just spins the case of can you move the case tools around ????

Marcher

Hi Maxtich,
I have a Hornady prep centre, and had the same trouble you have. I found that the centre pin which comes down to secure the case head in the holder, was just small enough to partly fall into the primer pocket, and tipping the case. I now reprime the case before trimming and that works OK.
John.