reloads

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...

drummerboy

Morning, i would be interested to hear from anyone who reloads for a .243 sako 85, its more to do with overal lenght?
Neil

drummerboy

Hi, Just bought a new sako 85 just been useing up the old ammo that i reloaded for my old gun and its grouping well, the legnth is 2.625.

Outback

Hi , The maximum COL is stated as 2,650" , you are under this measurement so they should feed ok .
If I were you I would develop a new load to this COL , and just come up through your powder charge again watching for pressure signs .
It is not normally recommended to use handloads across different rifle's ,as then have been made to suit a certain set of tolerance's and you could find yourself over pressure .

Cheers

drummerboy

Hi , The maximum COL is stated as 2,650" , you are under this measurement so they should feed ok .
If I were you I would develop a new load to this COL , and just come up through your powder charge again watching for pressure signs .
It is not normally recommended to use handloads across different rifle's ,as then have been made to suit a certain set of tolerance's and you could find yourself over pressure .

Cheers

I might be wrong in saying but no fear in high pressures as i always load to minimum powder charge, as relatively new to reloading,
Neil

jimsim

Hi neil I have a sako 85 in 243 feel free to pm me if you need any help
Regards jim

BRACES of Bristol - Mauser M12 with Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10x56 Illuminated Scope