• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: Rem 700 S/A after market trigger

blueeyes

Alright mate? Long time, no speak.

I purchased a 'Calvin Elite' for my Bergara a few months ago. It is absolutely superb. I thoroughly recommend one if you get the option. ;)
cheers for that bud hows the extreme :fox:

blueeyes

Yea still got two bud, one on the rimmy with a 75mm lens for bunny bashing, and one for the .223 with a 135 mm for foxing, with WQD rings on it although its not had much use as of yet, old NV forum seems to be slowing down a bit, but sure it will spring into life again lol

FISMA

Bump please, prefer Timney tks
What kind of work does the 700 see: field, paper, precision?

The Timney #510 may be ideal. The Calvin Elite is a great trigger too, but at that price, a Jewell is the way to go.

Rifle Basix makes a nice trigger too.

What's wrong with the OEM? What year is the rifle? Have you tried adjusting the OEM trigger?

I have a 700 SPS for which I purchased a black Timney #510. It took a while to source, so I used the time to adjust the OEM trigger on the SPS.

By the time the Timney arrived, I decided to keep the OEM trigger.

I'm out of the country for the time being, but will be home in a few months. If you're not sorted in a couple of months, PM me.

Lastly, I like the Jewell for precision/long range BR. 1lb break is nice. I like the Timney's wider blade for hunting. Again, a 1lb break is nice.

blueeyes

What kind of work does the 700 see: field, paper, precision? Field, foxing etc

The Timney #510 may be ideal. The Calvin Elite is a great trigger too, but at that price, a Jewell is the way to go. I am no expert in this field so open to suggestions

Rifle Basix makes a nice trigger too. as above

What's wrong with the OEM? What year is the rifle? Have you tried adjusting the OEM trigger? no I have not tried here too many horror stories about this

I have a 700 SPS for which I purchased a black Timney #510. It took a while to source, so I used the time to adjust the OEM trigger on the SPS.

By the time the Timney arrived, I decided to keep the OEM trigger.

I'm out of the country for the time being, but will be home in a few months. If you're not sorted in a couple of months, PM me. great thanks

Lastly, I like the Jewell for precision/long range BR. 1lb break is nice. I like the Timney's wider blade for hunting. Again, a 1lb break is nice.
Thanks you very much for your input much app this is my rifle http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/rifle/remington-700-lvsf-rifle-review only upgrade is a Police stock so would like to here your input by PM tks PS answers above

Tremo

Yea still got two bud, one on the rimmy with a 75mm lens for bunny bashing, and one for the .223 with a 135 mm for foxing, with WQD rings on it although its not had much use as of yet, old NV forum seems to be slowing down a bit, but sure it will spring into life again lol
For sure mate. Catch you soon. Good hunting! ;)