Remington 783 @ .243

RhyceLP

What are the general views of this rifle? Cheap but is it reliable? Have watched a few reviews but wanted other opinions. Cheers.

alberta boy

I don't have a huge amount of experience with them . I shot about ten rounds through a 308 chambered version that belongs to the son of a friend of mine . Overall , I liked it . It shot about 1 1/2 MOA with federal blue box 180 gr bullets . The trigger was good and it fed and extracted perfectly . He's been using it for about three years now with no issues under some pretty harsh conditions . He has complete confidence in it , an important factor in hunting rifle . They're not an expensive rifle , but , for the money , seem to be good value for what they cost .
That being said , if I was looking at an inexpensive rifle option , the Weatherby Vanguards are another really good choice , but that's just me . Let us know what you decide on .

AB

RhyceLP

I don't have a huge amount of experience with them . I shot about ten rounds through a 308 chambered version that belongs to the son of a friend of mine . Overall , I liked it . It shot about 1 1/2 MOA with federal blue box 180 gr bullets . The trigger was good and it fed and extracted perfectly . He's been using it for about three years now with no issues under some pretty harsh conditions . He has complete confidence in it , an important factor in hunting rifle . They're not an expensive rifle , but , for the money , seem to be good value for what they cost .
That being said , if I was looking at an inexpensive rifle option , the Weatherby Vanguards are another really good choice , but that's just me . Let us know what you decide on .

AB

Thanks for the information. Will look into the Weatherby too. Just don’t want to fork out a lot for my first rifle, plan to do so on my second instead! Cheers.