Remington Accutip 223

David78b

Hi does anyone know what heads remington use in there Accutip 223 ammunition. I have used these in factory ammunition and was impressed, but would like to reload some now. Thanks

Muir

Use a V-max. The (US) NRA seems to think them similar.
Duplicating factory ammo requires abandoning some popular loading techniques such as neck sizing, seating to the lands. Trim cases to the same length. Plan on using a crimp die.

Let us know how you fare.~Muir

caberslash

Use a V-max. The (US) NRA seems to think them similar.
Duplicating factory ammo requires abandoning some popular loading techniques such as neck sizing, seating to the lands. Trim cases to the same length. Plan on using a crimp die.

Let us know how you fare.~Muir

Crazy how well some factory stuff can shoot with big jump, undersize cases and no load tuning for the specific rifle, eh?

Muir

If you think long and hard about it, it's not so crazy.
It is very difficult to duplicate factory ammo. I tell people that if I could afford to shoot Hornady Precision Hunter, or Match, in 6,5 CM I wouldn't reload for the cartridge. It's that good.~Muir

Muir

I'm serious. These two groups were shot prone at 100 yards; no rear bag, in summer heat, with thumb-sized grasshoppers crawling around inside my clothing. The stuff shoots. ~Muir
1622991715537.png

David78b

Nice shooting, nice looking rifle you got there, how do you find the pse stock I have been looking at one myself

Muir

That PSE stock isn't mine. It Edi kindly loaned it to me to test before it made a circuit to other reviewers in the US. I can tell you this: If I had that stock under my Tikka CTR earlier I wouldn't have purchased the Tac A1. It made the CTR a ergonomic joy to shoot. You just become a part of the rifle. Fantastic piece of work and money well spent if you decide to get one. ~Muir

caberslash

That PSE stock isn't mine. It Edi kindly loaned it to me to test before it made a circuit to other reviewers in the US. I can tell you this: If I had that stock under my Tikka CTR earlier I wouldn't have purchased the Tac A1. It made the CTR a ergonomic joy to shoot. You just become a part of the rifle. Fantastic piece of work and money well spent if you decide to get one. ~Muir

Having had one myself, I concur.

Now Edi can buy us a round of proper Guinness!