• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Sold: Remmy 700 short action for custom project .222/.223

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shabz

Hi folks, I have for sale a remmy 700 in .222, it's a Deluxe version so has scroll engraving on the action. I bought it to build a custom rifle with but have just finished a sako custom rifle that is in need of a scope. Hence this one is for sale. my intention when I bought it was to rebarrel it immediately in .223 but after having a look at it, I decided to try cleaning it up first. I had it re-crowned and re-threaded (m14x1) and it shoots amazingly well. I acquired some old Norma factory ammo that I wanted to just rattle through for the brass but it actually shoots clover leaf groups. I think it'd be a real shooter with home loads.

One of of the things that I did put on the rifle was a Bell and Carlson stock. This is a good stock in good condition, it is meant for a varmint contour barrel though, so there's quite a gap around the current barrel. I have the original wooden stock which can be supplied if the bell and carlson stock is not required.

I'm looking for £350 for the rifle with original stock, £200 for the Bell and Carlson stock or £500 for all of it. All plus postage/rfd costs. Photographs available on request.

Edited to add, the rifle has a weaver rail on it and a Nikko Sterling 4-16x50 scope on it. The scope isn't a brilliant scope but it hasn't ever let me down, never lost zero and I'll leave it on the rifle if I'm offered the price I've listed at.
Thanks

Last edited:

Shabz

This can come with a new cut rifled GB barrel on it for £1400 plus proofing. You can choose the calibre (as long as it matches the bolt face) the twist rate, the length and the profile. I can organise other custom parts- triggers, boltwork, painting, blue printing etc. at additional cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.