Reset yukon photon zero?

Dax

Can anyone tell me if you can reset yukon photon x an y back to a zero as i have ran out of zeroing height and need more or do i need to open rings and move full scope

Milligan

Shim the back mount, assuming you have run out of upward elevation I.e reticle is at the bottom of the screen

Robek1980

i have used a 20 MOA picatinny rail on my tx3 and it is almost bang on zero at 100 yards (.223) with 11 y and 7 x adjustment. Hope it helps. Coke can shimming on the back will tilt the scope in the front mounting ring resulting in uneven pressure that is not good. I would strongly suggest doing it properly with adjustable mounts of a proper elevation/slacking picatinny rail

Smelly Yeti

Known issue with Photons with elevation adjustment (if you are having windage issues something sounds seriously amiss). Simple answer to your question is.... no .... you can’t ‘re-zero’ to ‘digitally’ create more adjustment...... what you have is what you get. As Robek1980 says a 20moa rail fixes most problems or you can shim rear mount (albeit creating slight misalignment of tube in mounts) . A single thickness of coke can gives around .005” = 5 Moa at 100m. Alternatively if you don’t want to fit picatinny or shim, Bisley Sportsmatch adjustable mounts are also a good solution (calibre dependent). I use a picatinny on my 22.250 and Bisley on my .22 and both zero close to center settings without issue. The closer you can get to good alignment the better as large X or Y axis adjustments will leave the crosshair well off centre in your image screen - not the end of the world but upsets my OCD! Photon is great scope for the money - just needs setting up well :thumb:

Gm81

As above no re-zero. But another mount to look at. Burris signature rings. They can adjust all I’ve the above and diagonals.
I have the sports match atp ones. They also worked.
Shimming is the easy fix.

Dax

As above no re-zero. But another mount to look at. Burris signature rings. They can adjust all I’ve the above and diagonals.
I have the sports match atp ones. They also worked.
Shimming is the easy fix.
I presume shimming with cake can is being advised as a wind round or two of electrcal tape isnt stable enough ??

Sonicdmb73

Personally I used film leader. The bit you get with no pictures. With the negatives when you get your film developed.
But yes you need something that doesn’t squash after you set it up. I only shim the bottom half of the ring. I don’t wrap anything all the way round.
One rifle has a 10 MOA rail it doesn’t need any extra shimming

philip

Can anyone tell me if you can reset yukon photon x an y back to a zero as i have ran out of zeroing height and need more or do i need to open rings and move full scope
What rifle is it ??? CZ and Anschultz do have problems on occasions, a plastic or copper shim normally sorts it out, depending on the elevation front or back bottom half of the rings works well

scotch_egg

It the scope is out of warranty you can dig the sealant out of the screw heads holding the plastic objective lens on to the tube. Loosen them off and re centre the objective bell manually.

Tulloch

Hey mate if you want to message me I can give you a bit of advice on your zeroing problem .

Gm81

I presume shimming with cake can is being advised as a wind round or two of electrcal tape isnt stable enough ??
Yeah yo are right. Tape is able to move. A can will be more solid. Photo negatives I did not have. They are getting hard to find in the modern world now.
At least if you try it you will know what you need if you try mounts.
It’s a pain but once they are set, it’s a good scope for the money.
Only my air rifle have me this issue.

philip

You do not need ro use shims, I have done miltiple tuition videos on thia and fixed hundreds of zeeoing peoblems .

Tulloch
Sounds good where can you find the videos , on you tube under photon alignment. ?? Or is there a specific site

Cheers in advance

Phil