REWA 4 Bore

sh1kar

Talk of Ron Wharton and his rifles in another thread caused me to dig out some photos of a REWA4 bore rifle he had in his workshop on one of my many visits there. I thought I'd post a couple of pics. It was a whoppa and was built by another rifle maker a friend of Ron's who I cant recall his name. He was quite frail even when this was built getting on for 15+ years agho I guess and pre diseased Ron by some years. It was built for an Italian client Paolo someone who was a regular at BSRC. (You may be on here!) I was there when it was fired and a h311 of a whumph. Never got a go myself

I'd forgotten about Ron's big ivory bracelet. His place was an absolute Aladdin's Cave and he always found a reason to sell you something or fund another big rifle project. I ended up with 3, a .275 and 375 H&H of his and a refurbed Hollis 500NE His sales tactic on the 375 was to save the next consecutive serial number after the 275 and tell me a year later what he done and I needed a 375 big brother to make a pair for my Africa trips.....

View attachment 87035 View attachment 87033 View attachment 87034

Ferryman

A trip to Ron's workshop was like a step back in time.
I spent many a happy hour drooling over the collection of weapons he had.

Greener Jim

Giles is around 6'5" if I'm not mistaken so a few inches on this pretender! The rifle was so impressive it even made the gent in the photo's beard grow!

Ferryman

Blimey now the names from the past are coming out.
I met Giles through Greg Felton way back in the 70's
Does anybody have a rifle made by the late Mike Tierney of Customs Rifles in Southampton ?
Mike used to have his workshop above my gunshop in St Mary Street.