Right handed shooting left??

mickp

Just like the title how many people are right handed but shoot left handed like myself (left eye dominant) ???

sparko

I'm one, very poor vision in the right eye! which Is no bad thing as the brain compensates....Though can't compensate for the extra cost of left handed rifles...All good

chill123

HI Mick
I am right handed / left eye dominant . I have turned this to my advantage , if I wind my scope down I am able to shoot off my right shoulder
so if I am shooting from a high seat I can take a shot left or right . With out having to turn my body.

Regards Chill

Barkingsnake

Nominally right handed (actually, I only write with the right...) and left eye dominant in spite of it being not my "best" eye. My #1 lad is right handed (to write) but the poor bugger's left eye dominant. #2 is a proper lefty...

mickp

Good to know folks a few friends said this was strange and had never heard of anybody shooting like that.

swarovski

I did know a golfer who played off 1 right handed an off 3 left handed :eek:, that is pure showing off grrrr

Glyn Walsh

+1. Taught myself at early age to shoot left handed with air rifle. Used to be able to just about shoot with either eye, but as time takes its toll, cant see b*gger all with right eye now:old:. Even shotgun shot left handed. I do use a rifle/carbine with a high set sight (not for deer) which allows me to shoot right handed by cranking my head over.Not the most comfortable though.

Monkey Spanker

Right handed - left eye dominant! Still shoot right handed by choice, but I can shoot left or right handed with rifle or shotgun if it suits.
MS

rogue trader

Right handed who shoots left. Girlfriend is left handed and shoots right. Unlike Monkey Spanker I can't shoot left and right handed but I can bowl ten pin with either arm and once beat some friends who didn't believe me.

Heym SR20

Right handed and left eye dominant, but also reasonably ambidextrous - until I dislocated my left wrist I could use a saw in either hand. Always shot left handed cause as a boy I could not close just my left eye. Can't shoot a shotgun right handed, but can use a rifle right handed.