Road signs

Red Dragon 2

Having a bit of hassle with grandchildren learning to drive, there is a road sign on bad bends near here which is circular, black border and 30 on white in the centre. They insist that it is a 30 mph limit however I say it is an advisory sign saying recommended maximum speed is 30mph. (There used to be Rectangular signs there saying Max Recommended Speed 30 but these replaced them.
I cannot find anything on google about this type of sign anyone confirm please.

The confusing bit of this is the sign is round (an order) but not surrounded in red but black. Agree if surrounded in red compulsory. Just need to prove from an official site to show them.

You should get in touch with the local council, as it sounds like they've messed up their road signage.

Circular is to Order (Red is Don't, Blue is Do)
Triangular is to Warn
Rectangular is to Inform

So either your white sign with a black border should be rectangular, if they are merely advising the driver to restrict their speed to 30mph, or it should have a red border if the legal maximum speed limit on that section of road is 30mph.

Point them here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/362/pdfs/uksi_20160362_en.pdf

If you think those are bad Arun, then what about these two?

The first one is pretty obvious - Don't let your misses sunbathe here topless - But the second one is a bit puzzling unless it means beware of female mutations sunbathing topless! :norty:

Attachments

• Tennants-Uneven-Road-Ahead-Sign-for-Posts-600x600.jpg
    Tennants-Uneven-Road-Ahead-Sign-for-Posts-600x600.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 1622793718045.jpeg
    1622793718045.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 5

The first one is pretty obvious - Don't let your misses sunbathe here topless - But the second one is a bit puzzling unless it means beware of female mutations sunbathing topless! :norty:
I always thought the first was "adjust your bra, bumps ahead"

David.

079-Sdbr-No-Cars-Bikes.jpg

No Evel Knievels?

I thought the second one was three snipers in waiting with just their helmet showing in the silhouette. I guess I need to broaden my thinking.

Stay with me on this one .....

the white and black signs are advisory only
but if the roads 40mph and there is a white and black sign saying 30 on one bend and you go round it at 40 and loose control or hit some one it is classed as speeding and your to blame.

I think

Back