Roe Calling

User00003

not sure how far it travelled before I saw it, but from where I 'saw' it,,,maybe a 450yds? ish..

also called in a red stag from around 600yds using a water bottle with the bottom cut off..was shot at 60yds whilst charging!

2130martin

not sure how far it travelled before I saw it, but from where I 'saw' it,,,maybe a 450yds? ish..

also called in a red stag from around 600yds using a water bottle with the bottom cut off..was shot at 60yds whilst charging!

​I bet that got the heart pounding!!!

CWMMAN3738

About 800yds from acros the valley with my iPhone calls & small pocket speaker whilst sat up in a hedge under a wood.

User00003

​I bet that got the heart pounding!!!

I let my brother in law take the shot,,it was his first deer ever coming to a call..he wanted to go home as it was getting late up in the hills when we saw him across the valley..he said "no time to stalk him, and if we do, it will be dark getting up here in the argo to find him"...I said "ok, hand me the water bottle and your knife.."...to say the least, he was surprised.

I was telling him to shoot the stag from around 150 yds, but he just couldn't believe what was happening so at 60yds I almost had to grab the rifle and take him myself before we it got too scary..he did finally pull himself together and put him down with a fine H/L shot quartering..immediately followed by a cigarette and a "F'ing hell, that was something!".

..great day :)

2130martin

I let my brother in law take the shot,,it was his first deer ever coming to a call..he wanted to go home as it was getting late up in the hills when we saw him across the valley..he said "no time to stalk him, and if we do, it will be dark getting up here in the argo to find him"...I said "ok, hand me the water bottle and your knife.."...to say the least, he was surprised.

I was telling him to shoot the stag from around 150 yds, but he just couldn't believe what was happening so at 60yds I almost had to grab the rifle and take him myself before we it got too scary..he did finally pull himself together and put him down with a fine H/L shot quartering..immediately followed by a cigarette and a "F'ing hell, that was something!".

:rofl:

CWMMAN3738

Fab these are the memories that keep us going & captivate the next generation, bringing new life to our sport!

Cut+Squirt

If I wasn't nursing a sore back I'd be out with my new Hubertus giving it a squeek tonight .. although I suspect i'm maybe being a bit optimistic. Maybe come the weekend things will start to hot up a bit.

Bill Bartlett

Several hundred yards for Roe buck - and again for Sika! Exciting when the Sika respond and come in at a gallop. Shot one once coming in so fast he fell almost at my feet. If only it was always like that eh......

eggy s

I fail to see the illegality of calling a deer to you from 800 yds with an iPhone and speaker. Perhaps someone would care to explain?.
Peter

It is illegal to use an electronic call on deer for the purposes of shooting it.

The poster did not state he shot it, so only he knows if he acted within the law.

2130martin

Guys,lets not get this thread closed.......

How far have you called a Buck in from,thats the question in hand.......

PeteL

It is illegal to use an electronic call on deer for the purposes of shooting it.

The poster did not state he shot it, so only he knows if he acted within the law.

My point exactly, so the comment about it's illegality was completely pointless
Peter

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Ok, someone has made a comment about using an electronic device to call a Roe, and as we all know the use of any electronic device to call deer in and then shoot them is illegal.

No one has mentioned the deer was shot, and it could be that it was done to take photographs, or just to observe, so lets not be judge and jury on here please.