Roe Does - Wiltshire - November

TheHuntingAgency

Hi all, Mr Personality returns with more cheap stalking! :p

OK, so I've met with a decent chap called Bill Boyce who's got this place
http://www.lowerrowfarm.co.uk/ and he's got Roe stalking in Wilts.

It's £65 / day per hunter and while Bill prefers to go 1;1, there are several other chaps that stalk with Bill so modest groups can be accomodated too.

November see's him culling Roe Does, plus there may be the occasional Muntjak too, possibly fallow, but rarely.

Cost per Doe is £65 and if you'd like to keep the carcass, wholesale rates apply (circa £35 / Roe with the fur and feet on)

As before, there's no margin for me with this and I've already booked 5 days for myself and my pals to go and do this - as a paying client, it's my hobby too!

If you're interested, fell free to PM me and I'll pass on Bill's details, or contact him directly, and please mention me if you do!

Have a great weekend!

Roo
www.TheHuntingAgency.com

Sako Hunter

Sounds good to me, can I confirm £65.00 per day? How many animals for this and is there a charge for each animal shot?

EMcC

"Sounds good to me, can I confirm £65.00 per day? How many animals for this and is there a charge for each animal shot?"

I'd like to know too, please.

TheHuntingAgency

Yup, £65 / day is your outfitter rate or daily rate and then on top of this it's circa £65 / Doe shot. If you'd like to keep the meat then it's circa £35 a carcass (wholesale-ish price)

When I booked this for my pals, I told them to budget for circa £200 for the day on the basis of getting a couple, but this is the price.

Can't remember if I posted Bill's contact number, but it's

Bill Boyce - 01373 834329

Cheers

Roo
www.TheHuntingAgency.com

EMcC

Thanks Roo, too dear for me I'm afraid.
A place I went last year was £100 a session and shoot all seen.
Some shot none but the majority shot at least three with the odd five and in one case, seven!!
That has now been sold 'en bloc' to a very rich gentleman so is no longer available, unfortunately.

snowstorm

EMcC said:
A place I went last year was £100 a session and shoot all seen.
Some shot none but the majority shot at least three with the odd five and in one case, seven!!
That has now been sold 'en bloc' to a very rich gentleman so is no longer available, unfortunately.

£100 - how long was a session? Did they get to keep the 7 animals?

buck52

Call me a suspicious old b***ard but this all sounds very spooky to me.

"outfitter" etc we dont use those terms in the uk, and the 'offers' always seem to be "sold" as soon as questions get raised, £65 per day + £65 per doe + £35 per carcass !!!!!

It might appeal to a novice or a sucker and thats where I think you are aiming it. Good luck (I dont mean that) I dont mind paying for stalking but your prices are a joke IMHO.

snowstorm

I looked at a couple of outfits up here in the north and the rate for Roe was about £65 per stalk whether you got anything or not, and you had to go on two 2 stalks am and pm.

If you got anything (or shot at anything which you didn't recover) you had to pay for the carcass on top.

If you wanted to be accompanied it was a bit more.

EMcC

Snowstorm,
No they didn't keep the carcasses.
They were dropped off at a High Seat about 2 to 2.30 ish and collected at dusk, it was mid February onwards, so a session would have been about three and a half to four hours.
This was a 'special'.
What had happened was, the person that had taken the stalking did very little after the Buck season and the population got out of hand.
I was only notified of this half way through February so we had to do a heavy cull rather quickly.
I know we had the extended season but I was not happy to use it unless absolutely neccessary.
I cannot see this happening again and I am not sure whether that is a good thing or not!!

TheHuntingAgency

Once upon a time...

...many years ago, I used to be involved in retail and I heard the following story:

A bloke goes into a scrap merchants and asks if they have any near-side front doors for a 1992 Ford Sierra and is told by the Scrappy 'Sure - they are £10 each'

'Oh' said the bloke, 'that sounds a bit expensive, I've just been to the Scrappy down the road and theirs are only a fiver but they haven't got any'

'Ours are only a fiver when we haven't got any' said the Scrappy.

'Great', said the chap, 'in wich case I'll come back when you haven't got any'!

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me put it this way. If you've previously enjoyed cheaper stalking opportunities than I'm promoting on here - great, good for you, I'm sincerely delighted for you. If that happened to be a year or two ago, well, I'd suggest it's a different world out there today and while I too look back on the good old days when a pint cost 25p and cigarettes were 50p a pack, but that was then, this is now and TIMES CHANGE! Even in the last 12 months, consider the price of diesel and grain, both of which have seen significant price rises, yet you think the price of stalking will be immune from this?

Buck52 - congratulations - you are the straw that broke the camel's back - well done!

Now, my name and details are freely available to anyone that wants to know them, so my friend, as you're openly calling my offerings into question, so please PM me with your name and address and let's meet up and discuss this. Being a sniper is great - shooting from cover and hiding behind an alias - show yourself Buck52, be a man and show yourself if you're going to post comments about my business like this.

A thought for the rest of you - this is the third and last time this will be happening here or elsewhere. I used the word 'outfitter' - that's part of my personal vocabulary and frankly, I'll use whatever terminology I like - I'm sorry if you don't like it - but if that's the case, simply don't read my posts and move on. Prices - if you don't like the prices - same thing.

Malc & John - I'm about to scoot away for a week, but please take a look into this for me, really, I can't swallow any more of this BS.

Forum members - you need to give a bit of thought as to what kind of forum you want this to be. If you welcome the support and input of commercial advertisers, then extending this kind of welcome when they post offers isn't the way to go. Last week I had several PM's following the last thread that I started including some from other 'Outfitters' saying that in light of the reception my posts were getting, there's no way they will EVER advertise here as they can't expose their business to this kind of negative comment.

Finally, £65 / day for stalking is cheap - end of story.

£65 / day = £325 / week = £15600 per year, assuming the Outfitter works 5 days per week for 48 weeks per year. Sure, there's some trophy fee's to add in too, but that's an unknown, and frankly, I don't know anyone that would work for £65 / day - and Buck52 - if you think this is an offer for novices and suckers, well, words fail me - but actions speak louder - so lets get together soon?

Roo
www.TheHuntingAgency.com

willie_gunn

Roo

You have my sincere sympathy - I just wish people would learn to engage brains before posting :confused:

For those lucky enough to have access to free stalking then I guess everything seems expensive, but for those of us who don't, we need to get real.

If someone came up to you and said "I'll give you £65 if you spend a day where you get up in the wee hours, meet someone you don't know and whose competence you can't gauge, take them out for the day and try to guide them onto deer, hope that their shooting ability at least moderately matches their claims, engage them throughout in pleasant and encouraging conversation and trust that they recommend you to their friends" how would you reply!!?

Most places that I have approached seem to charge between £60 to £80 per stalk, so by the time you at least double it up (presuming you are going morning and evening), then add on the cull fees (charged for does and bucks) and then add on trophy fees (for bucks), £200 per day based on shooting two does represents bl**dy good value.

For those people who think otherwise, the answer is simple. Put your money where your mouth is and post your offers of late availability stalking on the site.

willie_gunn

normski

stalking costs on Does!!

I can do £120 a day thats 2 outings on Roe Does with NO ! cull fees!! thats everything all in and its accompanied in Hampshire.Please email if anyone is interested this includes Fallow as well and if you shoot a Buck then hes FREE as well! Why on earth do people pay these silly high prices for Roe stalking its beyond me? You can't expect it for nothing and if accompanied you need to take into consideration the stalkers time , Petrol costs etc.. Happy stalking :lol:

Thar

Think of it this way, a tradesman will charge you at a min £25 per hour plus vat. So an 8 hour day would be £235.

Take somebody stalking, morning and evening stalk 3 hours each stalk, facture in travel to from the ground pick up clients ect and you have a 8 hour or more day.

Food for thought.

Best rgds

Tahr

Muddy

stalking cost

Over twenty years ago i was taking out over seas clients for a forestry company the cost of the day then was £110 a day with no trophy charge and i must admit you could shoot a good number of beasts in a day . As the trees were small and held large numbers of roe and in the evening good bunches of red would jump out of some blocks into ours . The cost today remains pretty much the same but obviously the trees are bigger now and thicker and there are know were near the numbers there were for obvious reasons. £60 a day seems reasonable but £60 a beast seems a bit over the top if the bloke want £120 a day then charge that if the person wants the beast then £35 is market value if the rifle has had a good day he will probably tip any way .If you have no stalking then its up to you to make up your own mind good luck in your search for stalking i am not knocking this person if this is the going rate in his area then thats fair enough MUDDY

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
What is it with some people on this site :evil: :evil:

I have friends in Wiltshire who charge £75 an outing for Bucks, plus a further £150 for a nominal 6 pointer, prices are up from that depending on the trophy size.

Doe's in most areas are £50 an outing (£100 a day) whether you pay extra for a result is up to you to decide. The price Roo is coming up with is middle of the road, although there are possibly cheaper places available. Of course you may pay £100 a day and see sod all, because there are very few deer there, and you find you have been stung. You may also pay a higher price and get the same problem.

My advice is to go with someone who is recommended and going through an agent like Roo will give you some course for redress if you have a bad time.

I have had idiots that say I charge to much as well. If you take into account the amount of time I spend on the phone and travelling to arrange places to stalk you would be suprised how much it costs. I have done 22,000 miles in my truck in 15months. Work that out in diesel!

If people persist in this unpleasant fashion of reply they will be BANNED!!!

LAST WARNING. And quite frankly I do not give a stuff if you dissaprove. Its a pity those that are quick to point the finger do not DO ANYHTING to sponsor other stalkers on this site or have helped on the March and Shoot.

Try having a more posative attitude towards folk, you never know you might get an invite :lol: NOT FROM ME YOU WONT THATS FOR SURE ;)

cjm1066

There is always some one who can get any thing cheaper, and we all have different perceptions. The amount per day is only part of the expense, travel accommodation all need to be considered.

We only pay what we can afford, and if the day is memorable, the expense is soon forgotten, or talked about as fantastic value. A disappointing day is always expensive.

buck52

Re: stalking costs on Does!!

normski said:
I can do £120 a day thats 2 outings on Roe Does with NO ! cull fees!! thats everything all in and its accompanied in Hampshire.Please email if anyone is interested this includes Fallow as well and if you shoot a Buck then hes FREE as well! Why on earth do people pay these silly high prices for Roe stalking its beyond me? You can't expect it for nothing and if accompanied you need to take into consideration the stalkers time , Petrol costs etc.. Happy stalking :lol:

Outfitter Roo ;)

The above post is exactly what I am alluding to, You said £65.00 a day is cheap, it is but it does not stop there does it ? As for questioning your offering, I wasnt, you spelt it out, I, like many others pay through the nose to stalk but I like stalking, obvoiusly I am not the only one that thinks it steep. "but actions speak louder - so lets get together soon" I dont respond to threats roo, as for aliases am I the only one on here that does not post under his real name "ROO"

If the board want to ban me for encouranging people new to stalking to be wary of "offers" and investiget further, so be it, anyhow roo you had several questioning posts about you red stalking.

Trufflehunting

The Hunting Agency

Hi Roo
Calm down buddy, here in England we are programmed to be jealous and envious of any one is doing well.
We don’t like to see any one enjoying themselves, success is a dirty work.
We are a small island with a large portion of small minds
Strikes me you are foreign and don’t understand this
Ive read your offers of hunting before, I am not in a position take up your offers.
Ignore the people who knock you, Im sure some stalkers are very grateful of you and your business

Good look

Leica Amplus 6