Roe head to prepare in Oxfordshire

Ludders

Hi I’ve got a roe head I would like prepared. I’ve boiled muntjac heads before but never come out to great. Does anyone know the rough cost of getting this done ? Is there any one local to me ? Ox77hn
thanks in advance

PKL

If you send it to me frozen next day and pay in advance (could do with the cash), I will happily do it beautifully and mount it for £75 returned to you like pictured but on dark shield of course.

Not my favourite work, but it’s money!

just an offer, pm me if interested

C58C4D7D-1CA9-42D5-BA30-98860A25C135.jpg

Heym SR20

Hi I’ve got a roe head I would like prepared. I’ve boiled muntjac heads before but never come out to great. Does anyone know the rough cost of getting this done ? Is there any one local to me ? Ox77hn
thanks in advance
Don't boil too much - 20 mins / half an hour is usually sufficient. Basically you want to cook the flesh and sinews so they fall off easily. Whilst it is still warm you can then peel the flesh and sinews away. A Pair on needle nosed pliers can be quite useful for grabbing hold of little bits.

However once dried it will still be a bit brown and manky. Go to the Chemist and get a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide. Wrap the skull in loo paper / kitche towel, and then poor on hydrogen peroxide solution. The damp kitchen towel needs to be in contact with the skull. Leave it in a tuperware dish for a few hours - but keep checking it. The Hydrogen Peroxide will clean off the staining and any last bits of flesh etc, but if you leave it too long it can start eating the bone.

Then let it dry. Below are a couple I have done earlier this year.

Attachments

Cyres

Better still is talk to a friendly ladies hairdresser and get some hydrogen peroxide cream and just paint it on with a 1" paint brush.

D