Roe in the rut

willie_gunn

I got to the nearby Nature Reserve at around 5:30 this morning and almost immediately saw a buck chasing a doe.

A little further on I paused by a gateway into a field as there was a muntjac barking at me from within a small patch of woodland. This roe buck then appeared.

_DJR6883.jpg

_DJR6892.jpg

_DJR6890.jpg

_DJR6884.jpg

_DJR6867.jpg

Ooops

Thank you. I used a Nikon D750 with a Nikon 500mm f4 lens for these.
As Woodsmoke says cracking results.

I was hoping you were going to say that you used an iPhone. You camera's no where near point and press enough for a simpleton like me :doh:

baguio

Great photographs as usual willie. Do the nature reserve carry out deer management because that old boy is going to go down hill fast next winter.

willie_gunn

Great photographs as usual willie. Do the nature reserve carry out deer management because that old boy is going to go down hill fast next winter.
TBH I don't know, but I would hope there is some kind of management scheme in place.

A river forms at least something of a barrier on one side, but on the others there is nothing to stop the deer moving. Not sure if they are being controlled beyond the borders, but the water meadows are clearly a very flat area and I would expect it to require high seats for H&S reasons.....and I've not seen any of those.

There is a growing population of muntjac also.