Roe rut 2014

1 Gold and 3 Silvers taken this rut. Also had a bronze or 2. Over all I think it has been a pretty average year and I am hearing the same from a lot of people.

IMG_1164.jpgIMG_1234.jpgIMG_1253.jpgIMG_1289.JPG

Are you sure they will make gold's and silvers nice heads but nothing special

Yes I am sure, the gold has already been measured which is the first pic.

The 2nd one is just short of a gold and the 3rd one is an easy silver and the last one just scraps it.

Yes I am sure, the gold has already been measured which is the first pic.

The 2nd one is just short of a gold and the 3rd one is an easy silver and the last one just scraps it.
if they are the ones I saw they where very nice.
I did see you have left a very nice one up by my boss.

I called my 1st buck out yesterday but it didn't quite go to plan!! Got set on the sticks along a grass field margin pointing towards a spinney where I've seen evidence of Roe and gave four peeps on the Butollo. Flaming buck leapt out of the hedge not 20 yards in front and scared the living daylights out of me! :doh:

He stood for a few moments staring straight at me, then calmly hopped back in the bushes. I don't think I would have shot him even given the chance, as he was a cracker and looked in his prime, even though he would have been a stonking 1st buck for me!! I tried calling later on eleswhere but he was the only thing I saw all night!

BASC did the gold, and I have a formula that gets you within 1 or 2 points, simples.

Hi
That's what I thought,BASC !!! Forgive my ignorant,s but have BASC come up with some way of measuring and awarding gold medals without them needing 90 days drying ,or are they just that desperate they will measure and award any old thing .

Shot a buck this a.m. who had just climbed off a doe after mounting her.
They were chasing and circling hard for 10 mins before hand.
Absolutely no response to the call whatsoever.

Just back from three weeks back home. First week in Worcestershire then two weeks in North Wales.

First week back had a wander round. Saw a murder buck in some wheat. Gave him a squeak with the buttelo. (happened to have it with me !) he disappeared and the popped-up 10 yards behind me looking quizzical (spell?) Then ran off barking.

Met the landowner a few days later who said he had been after him for a while and wanted to know why I didn't shoot him!
Looks like I now have some more permission to shoot!!!!

Back