Available: Roe Stalking near Inverness

JRoe

Roe Stalking for skilled or novice Hunters. Bring your own Rifle or you’re welcome to use my Tikka .243. Instruction available if required. From only £80 per outing (Approx four hours). If an extra opportunity should arise after your successful stalk that would be fine, however you are restricted to two Roe per outing.

B&B also available - - www.cromalbank.com - - with pickup from Airport or Railway Station if required. Good easy walking areas - - mixed arable with plenty woodland. Companions are welcome and you may take your Venison home with you for a moderate £1 per pound. Here's a link if you want an idea of the ground - -
Flash Earth - Zoom into satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

It is mainly the woodland on the east side marching with the Fort George Ranges on the west.
Contact me, John Ross on 01667 462 166 or 07774 742 227 or cromalbank@aol.com for more info and available dates etc.

Thankyou.

tartinjock

Distinguished Member
Cracking day out yesterday John, 9 Roe seen, one of those was a Buck, one Doe shot.

Nice ground, relatively flat, good woodland with upto 200m visability through the trees. A thoroughly enjoyable (But hard) stalk with the weather conditions.

Cheers

TJ

JRoe

I'm glad you had a good day Stu -- & thanks for a lovely Doe left on the veranda! No doubt we'll have a catch up soon - - If you fancy another wander next week sometime let me know when suits.

ATB

JR

JRoe

Well guys that's the festivities almost over so normality may be returning any day now - - I'm looking forward to it.

JR

JRoe

Been another grand day here. A lovely dry day for a change without the accompanying gale force winds!
Had two new Stalkers out - - one in the morning, the other this afternoon. Both got their first Roe after successful Stalks. Everyone happy - - couldn't be better.
Still days left towards end of January and here and there in March.

JR

Mark 00

John, a big thanks for yesterday. I couldn't of asked for life with my new .243 to get off to a better start.
As always a cracking morning with one Doe (my first) shot.
Looking forward to many more outings.

Cheer

Mark

JRoe

John, a big thanks for yesterday. I couldn't of asked for life with my new .243 to get off to a better start.
As always a cracking morning with one Doe (my first) shot.
Looking forward to many more outings.

Cheer

Mark
Thanks for that Mark - - a cracking Doe laden with fat. 44lbs, skinned, cleaned and ready for the Butcher. Your shot was straight through her heart at 100 yards. You can't get much better than that for your first Roe with the first shot through your new Rifle.

ATB

John

JRoe

- - another beautiful morning here. Was out from first light. Almost dead calm though. Saw 13 Roe which was unlucky for us 'cause we never got one of them !

Never mind - - we only have to be lucky the once - - they have to be lucky all the time !!

JR

JRoe

Hi David - - there's plenty about that's for sure. Got another lovely young Doe this afternoon. V crunchy underfoot so it made for difficult stalking.
Anyway I look forward to your visit - - and I'm very hopeful that luck will be on our side !

Regards

JR

Whatmuff

Hi John

I came out a few times with you, with my buddy Joe from RAF Lossie. Hope all is well up there, my course has now finished and I'm of to RAF Marham now, however Joes moving to Forres so I'm sure you will hear from him fairly soon! I will keep in touch as I will be visiting in the future! Thanks for all the stalks and experience its been great!

All the best

Dan

JRoe

Hello Dan - - good to hear from you. I'm glad you got your course finished OK - - Good luck with your posting to Marham and do give me shout when you're back up. I look forward to seeing Joe whenever suits him - - plenty Deer for you both here!

All the best

John

tartinjock

Distinguished Member
JR,

You need to train your Bucks to stop crossing the road infront of vehicles, my eldest was surprised how big the Buck was this morning that crossed infront of us,
it was nearly on the bonnet of my car!

Still in velvet, but a bonny boy!

TJ

bucktail

John
Great day out yesterday.Really nice ground and good company with a nice buck and last light to round it off.
Hope you could sleep last night and werent sitting up dreaming about the big lad we seen in the group of four.

Malcolm

JRoe

Hi Malcolm -- thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was passing that field about 4.30pm on Monday afternoon and was amazed to see six others grazing with him consisting of two young Bucks, two mature Does and two young Does. Yesterday all the fields were sprayed with sludge so I think it'll be a week or so before they return to that spot. I was looking forward to getting a much closer look at them all but looks like I'll have to be patient !
Anyhow thanks for coming along and all the best till next time.

John

JRoe

JR,

You need to train your Bucks to stop crossing the road infront of vehicles, my eldest was surprised how big the Buck was this morning that crossed infront of us,
it was nearly on the bonnet of my car!

Still in velvet, but a bonny boy!

TJ
Hello TJ - - I just noticed that I hadn't replied to your post. Thanks for that info - - how far up on the verge were you before he managed to get away ?? :rofl:

Hopefully you'll get a pop at one soon.

ATB

JR

wallace grant

Out with John yesterday morning, lots of Roe seen, 7 Bucks and 6 Does. Finally caught up with a mature 6 pointer in a small pine wood. Stalked this buck on 2 previous outings but he always outwitted me, 37lbs dressed. John you are a gent and look forward to the next outing next week.

ATB wallace