Sold: Ross of London 4 draw Military Pancratic Adjustable Magnification (30x,40x,50x) Telescope

caberslash

Hi all,

I have for sale a 4 draw Ross of London Military Pancratic Telescope, with adjustable magnification. Rare to see one with it's lens cap and original case, it's in outstanding condition for it's age.

20210601_152334.jpg

20210601_152827.jpg

20210601_152518.jpg

20210601_152642.jpg

Original ad from 1950's:

20210601_151834.jpg

125cm fully extended and 31cm fully collapsed.

Weight wise I would say it's in the region of 3kg in it's case and objective lens cap fitted. All of it's five lenses are clean and scratch/crack free. All draws operate smoothly, original packing is still good as the draws suck air on extension and expel it on collapse.

Image wise, on a clear day it will rival any modern spotting scope under £1k. It's lack of lens coatings mean the scope can easily be stripped and lenses cleaned both inside and out. This is not possible on modern draw scopes like the Swaro CTC or Grays which need to be sent back to the manufacturer for cleaning.

There are some parts of the original draw tube finish which scratched or have flaked off over time, but most of these scopes have failed to retain finish to their draws over a lifetime.

I'm asking £275 mainland UK posted via RMSD.

More pictures to follow.

Fosbery Holster

That is a brilliant Telescope love it, and made by Ross who could ask for better !!

l do have a Ross Stalking Telescope and wouldn’t part with it, great piece of kit !

caberslash

That is a brilliant Telescope love it, and made by Ross who could ask for better !!

l do have a Ross Stalking Telescope and wouldn’t part with it, great piece of kit !

Never made better, British too!

:british:

A Ross scope is a family heirloom for a Highland stalker. Sad to think how many were lost in both World Wars, not too far off from the Japanese and their Katana's, except these were at the cutting edge :coat: in terms of optical clarity!

pop1

Please PM details. I would be delighted to own it.
Thanks
Andrew
You’ll get good service from caberslash. I have bought a Ross from him in the past, it’s in the truck with me permanently. As he had described and tidied up by himself to a high standard!! Deal with him with confidence

ABWD

You’ll get good service from caberslash. I have bought a Ross from him in the past, it’s in the truck with me permanently. As he had described and tidied up by himself to a high standard!! Deal with him with confidence
Thank you for the message, good to have recommendations; appreciated.