Rovince clothing

Wilf102

I get they are made of anti tick material. However, why don't they crawl through the gaps between boots and trousers or up cuff or in through the neck.

redlab

I get they are made of anti tick material. However, why don't they crawl through the gaps between boots and trousers or up cuff or in through the neck.
its the chemical in the material - set a tick upon it and watch....... - its fun - great gear highly recommend:D

Hi Wilf

Rovince don't actually make the claim of bieng 100% effective as there are always entry points, however they do claim about 95% effective.

Since wearing Rovince trousers/socks I haven't had a tick in 4yrs, also similar testements from our customers. Rovince isn't cheap however a worthy investment against the risk of Lymes :old:

Regards

Rob

Ranger22

You can put your trouser bottoms in your boots. This should fill one gap. I have had two ticks on me since using the trousers and socks. Both of them were on my calves, i presume they came up my legs. Before using Rovince gear I could be getting ten times that number in one week.

Wilf102

I get the material has good feedback. Haven't actually read anything negative about its tick repelling ability.

I just don't get why ticks wouldn't settle on your boots and then move in somewhere warm and cosy from there.

Using trouser elastics is something that I did in a former life and don't think its a generally cool look in civil life.

And why do the socks make a difference?

lazza

You can put your trouser bottoms in your boots. This should fill one gap. I have had two ticks on me since using the trousers and socks. Both of them were on my calves, i presume they came up my legs. Before using Rovince gear I could be getting ten times that number in one week.

When you see a comment like this one from someone who does for a living what most of us do recreationally - we should take note

Wilf102

You tuck your trousers into your boots? Seriously? You're pulling my pl****r?
Want to post a pic? Looks like a million or so squaddies were sold a pup by their CSMs. Maybe they had shares in NAAFI

Ranger22

You tuck your trousers into your boots? Seriously? You're pulling my pl****r?
Want to post a pic? Looks like a million or so squaddies were sold a pup by their CSMs. Maybe they had shares in NAAFI

I don’t but you could to fill a gap, is what I said

caorach

I think they do. Ticks tend to lurk on vegetation and they attach to anything that brushes past. If you walked about in bare legs then the first thing they would grab hold of would be your leg and they would then go on to sink their teeth in and have a feed. If you wear trousers and gaiters then they don't have such ready access to bare flesh and so a goodly proportion must get fed up looking for bare flesh and drop off, wearing gaiters made the biggest single difference to the number of ticks I was picking up for example. If you wear trousers that are actively repellent to ticks then the process is that they brush off the vegetation onto your trousers, find they don't like it as it is repellent to them, and abandon ship as quickly as possible.

So it is always possible for them to land on an area that isn't clothed in repellent material, but having the most likely bits of your body to pick up a tick covered in a repellent material vastly increases the chances that they will simply drop off before they get to bare skin. Like most things in the real world, rather than on the internet, the solution isn't perfect but it's about tipping the balance in your favour.

rutland

Will Rovince clothing protect you from the mozzies. I have just taken some stalking in a wood that is inundated with mozzies, ive tried all sorts of sprays and creams but they don't seem to have any effect. I took my jacket off to gralloch a buck and ended up with 26 bites on my back as the little sods had bitten through my shirt.
Its got so I don't want to take my jacket off or go in lightweight clothing. Any suggestions will be greatly recieved

stubear

I was getting nailed by the ticks earlier this year (had about 25-30 after one outing...), always around the ankles, and bought some Rovince socks on the advice of a mate - Havent had one since.

I gave my gaiters, jacket and trousers dose of Permethrin as well, and Deet if its really buggy. That plus the socks has kept me clear.