RTA's - anyone else getting lots?

Nautilus21

Hi All

Dont know how everyone else is with RTA's at the moment - Ive had 7 different calls this week in the past 5 days compared to a normal 1 every 7-10 days on average... are the deer moving more at the moment or is it just one of those things?

Anyone else noticed a change ?

Cheers

Ive driven past numerous carcasses from poole to salisbury and poole to warminster.. Felt uneasy passing one as police had shut one lane of the upton dorchester road as young spiker was laid in road and thought about unnecessary suffering whilst awaiting someone with permission to turn up and despatch it..
We seem to have an abundance of badgers on the salisbury rd also

What area are you in Nautilus21

D

Davie

I am all over the roads in central Scotland and not seen very many lots of foxes causing trouble on the roads but thts the norm round me. Deer aren't that murmurous in my area as to cause real problems on the roads yet. ;)

Nautilus21

ahhh MS - that probably helps explain it - I must be a t the top of the list - first one they call - will have to divert a few your way!! ;)

Im in suffolk... mainly muntjac at the moment

Monkey Spanker

Nautilus21 said:
ahhh MS - that probably helps explain it - I must be a t the top of the list - first one they call - will have to divert a few your way!! ;)

Im in suffolk... mainly muntjac at the moment
That'll teach me for taking the pi55!
Got one tonight in your back yard( Little Saxham)! Strange one too. An American couple reported a small injured young deer in their garden.
Assumed it would be a muntjac and didn't consider what a small deer in america might be like! :rolleyes:
Turned out to be a young Fallow! Couldn't shoot it really and tried to walk up to it with a knife. Bloody thing got up and ran across two fields with a bit of a limp but otherwise fine! I think it might survive but who knows? :???:

The Croc

deer man said:
Always take the "German", You know it make sense! ;)
What is a "German"?, the Dog, a GWP.

Passed my first ever Deer RTA tonight on the way back from work, looked like a Roe Buck, layed on the side of the road struggling to try and get up, felt sorry for the poor lad.
loads of people there that were just about to stop traffic, and saw a guy with a rifle walking towards him.

Brian

Nautilus21

Hmmmm strange I never had a call about the one at Saxham - they really dont seem to pick whos closest just whoevers on the list - always ask them if they've tried me first... Saxham is chock full of fallow - if only I could get abit of permision round there!!