• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Sold: Ruger and Tikka 308

Status
Not open for further replies.

twg1

Having a sort out of my own personal rifles decided to move towards two rifles rather that a safe full which i dont use !

Tikka 590 308 bought as a doner but to be honest too good to break up un threaded £400.00

I would prefer face to face but could ship to your rfd at additional cost.

Last edited:

twg1

Hi twg1, what condition is the Tikka in? Thanks in advance.
It's in quite good nick, as I said in the original post, I bought it to turn into a 6 br but when I got it home, I thought it too goo to pull apart and left it in the safe but now my 6.5 is done its not worth keeping it.

I will try and get some pictures up later.

Keith

twg1

I only have put a couple of round through it to check it fired when I first got it and it hit the target then ! (coke can on its end at 75 meters ish) the extractor claw was chipped so that was changed for a new one. not shot it since that, was a while ago and its been in the safe since.

Keith

paul o'

yup i'll take it , it will be my pig gun , pm me your info mty think i am in northwest london tomorrow or we can meet at services M25

paul o'

:tiphat:Very nice to meet you feller.
the pix did't do it justice cracking little rifle just got to think what to do with it standard ? or mess with it but its still got its deep blueing and just may be worth use'g as is :norty:
if the tikka is as this it will be another cracking rifle .

twg1

Good to meet you, pleased your happy with it.

I think its worth working on the stock , as you say the blueing is in good nick , its not done much work. The Tikka is as good metal work wise and the stock is very good.

Keith

paul o'

Ruger has been stripped and rebuilt few small faults sorted in under an hour , stock oiled and waxed , 30 mm rings and scope now fitted , its first outing to the range tomorrow , :thumb:

paul o'

As promised some pix of the Ruger mk1 , I have removed the old sling fitting and fitted stud/bolt in type so a harris can now be use or a QD sling can now be used. View attachment 75209 View attachment 75210 I only had time for a few shots as I was in a comp but all three were within 1.75 " with factory 180gr Samson ammo, :D bit more wax'ng to be done a mod and that's about it , cracking little stalking, pig gun thanks :tiphat:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.