Ruger Hawkeye

snowstorm

Posting in the right place, I hope.

Hello Everyone,

By accident really I came across a synthetic stock ruger hawkeye 243. Standard barrel, screw cut. New, so the chap reckoned.

It wasn't what I was in the shop to buy and was not what I was considering for stalking, but it felt nice and had a good balance. Some rifles you pick up and think 'You and me could be friends, but I don't know anything about you'.

Has anyone any experience of the Hawkeye in this calibre?

Thanks.

stone

a friend of mine has one in .308
and thinks the world of it
some where on the site i think i posted some comments on it i shall try and find it if i can then get back to you

stone

i hav to agreee that any modern rifle will do the trick, but tonite i was impressed by a ruger hawkeye in 308 , never saw how it performed in the field as there was no shot on tonite but it handled nice and very light and such a smooth action, felt quite well built at under £700

i thought i wote a little more about it sorry,
hopefully a few more of the tech guys on here can help

snowstorm

Thanks Stone.

It's actually hard to find anybody who has one! Lots of people recoomending things like Tikkas, Remmy, Browning etc - all in my price range, but they are popular rifles. I don't know anyone who has a Hawkeye.

Cheers.

Heym SR20

A friend has an old M77 Mk2 mountain rifle in .243 - nice little rifel that shoots well. Trigger is a bit heavy, but nothing that a good gunsmith should n't be able to sort out. I looked at a new Ruger the other day - left hand in 7mm Rem Mag - seemed like a lot of rifle for the price.

The Hawkeye does look a nice rifle and I do like the mauser type action with controlled feed. But every Riger I have tried has a very short stock for me and that is a draw back - albeit readily fixable with a bit of woodwork.

Heym SR20

swampy

Account Suspended
ruger

I have a ruger 77mk2 in 243. it is very accurate very light and really a nice little rifle.