RWS KS 150g .270 on deer?

jon15

I was recommended these by my continental friends to shoot driven boar with, and I must admit they were accurate and did the trick. I have quite a few left and am going to use them on a few hinds, does anyone have much experience of them on deer? Thanks

PKL

used them in .308 on deer and they were fine. not like 'spectacular', but did the job as good as much other stuff.. highly accurate factory ammo. at short range could be a wee bit explosive on the shoulder, but I'd not bin them for that, they're good enough for any UK game you can throw them at....nothing's going to walk away if you do your bit.

AlexN

I was recommended these by my continental friends to shoot driven boar with, and I must admit they were accurate and did the trick. I have quite a few left and am going to use them on a few hinds, does anyone have much experience of them on deer? Thanks
My brother uses them in his .270. It’s groups are incredibly tight and he’s whacked large boar and red stags in Europe in the middle of winter when they have a lot of fat and thick fur. Every one he shot at dropped on the spot. Only thing to note is that the round is a tad violent on impact. It’s a meat mangler but does the job of putting the game on the deck spectacularly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk