s**t..... misplaced certificates...

6mmAI

as above... i was getting low on s/g ammo so went to get my tickets and take a trip to the gun shop, but i cant find them anywhere... both shot gun and firearm.... last time i remember having them was two months ago.... i know i have to notify police but i have heard there is a risk of loosing my guns? for being careless or something? is that correct? and advice on what to say to feo would be helpful....

cheers....

As above id notify them immediately, im not sure loosing your rifles is correct or not...

But as you don't know where you left them they may have just disappeared whilst your stalking gear was in the wash which might save you a lot of agro..

Inevitably they will probably turn up at some point ready for the shredder ( if not lost in the wash ) Ofcourse i wouldn't advocate anybody tell a porky to their FLO

On the plus side your shinny new certificate will have AOLQ if you don't already have it and total amount of ammo leaving you to decide how much you can purchase at any one time...

Good Luck

as above... i was getting low on s/g ammo so went to get my tickets and take a trip to the gun shop, but i cant find them anywhere... both shot gun and firearm.... last time i remember having them was two months ago.... i know i have to notify police but i have heard there is a risk of loosing my guns? for being careless or something? is that correct? and advice on what to say to feo would be helpful....

cheers....

Urban Myth. I lost both of mine some years ago. I was with Surrey at the time. I wrote to them including all details including that I could not be sure whether they were lost or stolen. They said no problem and issued a new one with new certificate numbers and said to return the old one if it turned up.

It turned up a month later. Returned to me by a colleague who found it in their vehicle. It must have dropped out of my bag when I used it but I would have never thought of looking for it there.

Suggest you look absolutely everywhere before notifying them though.

Don't panic.
I lost both my certs and expected the world to fall in.
Rang my FEO, told him the truth, and he told me to contact the department, send a cheque for replacements and send in the missing ones when they turned up.
Did as was told, new certs issued and nothing more was said- oh and they did turn up

Urban Myth. I lost both of mine some years ago. I was with Surrey at the time. I wrote to them including all details including that I could not be sure whether they were lost or stolen. They said no problem and issued a new one with new certificate numbers and said to return the old one if it turned up.

It turned up a month later. Returned to me by a colleague who found it in their vehicle. It must have dropped out of my bag when I used it but I would have never thought of looking for it there.

Suggest you look absolutely everywhere before notifying them though.

Spot on advice. Think about it logically, you can loose them wherever, wash them, get wet wildfowling loose them in a house fire etc etc whatever you say they would have heard it before. I lost mine I rang them and told them "I'd lost them" no probs send yer money we send you new ones.

lost.... stolen.... or just misplaced...or hidden in secret place
that you cannot remember .......you dont really know.
(unless you left them at mcDonalds)
they will probably turn up between two books or at the back of your gun safe
or in the pocket of a shooting coat, hidden under mat in your car ????

a systematic search will probably find them,
re enact the day you last had them to jog your memory,
they might be in the first place you looked, but slightly hidden

if you cannot find them after that just say so " I cannot find them"

then get a day glo orange folder to put them in and keep them in a small safe.

Back