Sad death of Roger Buss

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...

lwcdart

Gents

Sadly Roger Buss passed away last weekend, he had been ill for a while & due to poor health had not been that active on the game shooting or stalking fronts during the last 2 years.

Roger was a good friend that started many people including myself stalking over the last 30 years.

I myself was started stalking by Roger after being recommended to him 13 years ago.

Much as Roger became a great friend he still had the ability to be very opinionated, which did make him fall out with a good few people-myself included once or twice!

The test of a good true friendship I feel is being able to over come this, which we always managed to it seems.

I like to feel that Roger's legacy is that he helped many people & there are stacks of stalkers now that are the better for his wisdom & help.

My kindest wishes go out to Carol & his family

Regards Lee

jon2

That's a bit of sad news. My brother and I had a piece of excellent Roe ground off him about 16/17 years ago. Didn't know him well but yes a nice fellow.

lwcdart

Eddie

Yes the verry same buddy

Deerland & d&g consultants, like i said i know roger peed some people off but im still very sad at his passing.

He was alot of help to me when i first started in 2000.

Regs Lee

8x57

Distinguished Member
That he was, not everyone brew but a loveable rogue. :)

Never met the chap or had any dealings with him myself but a few of my friends and other acquaintances did over a considerable number of years, and that's exactly how they described him to me. I dare say that there are a few more stalkers around who would be described similarly.

Jager SA

Never met the chap or had any dealings with him myself but a few of my friends and other acquaintances did over a considerable number of years, and that's exactly how they described him to me. I dare say that there are a few more stalkers around who would be described similarly.

Im sure he will be missed...he did a lot of good and got a lot of guys into Stalking!

Taff

only met him once, when he visited us with his grand children, a couple of yrs ago,a lot of knowledge RIP.

Brithunter

This is indeed a shame. It was through D&G Consultant's "Permit" scheme that I got into stalking and through him I met Tony then eventually Cliff whom I stalked with. So that's all three now gone and we of the stalking world are poorer for their passing.

All three were larger than life characters with both Roger and Cliff being the more so which of course upsets some. Roger through D&G and it's weekend courses shared lots of information to those new or newish to Deer Stalking. I did one of his Introductory courses in Hampshire many moons ago.

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing