Sad.

Scandially

After the 18 months of our horrid lives should all TV programmes that are not uplifting be stopped...e.g.. BBC news, police interceptors, bailiffs evicting folks, cooking programmes etc?
PS Naked Attraction?

Budgie Smuggler

I was at a friends house this week and they had Naked Attraction on, I’ve never seen it before, wow,
I was left with a strange feeling that if this is where the human species’s thousands of years journey through the arts and entertainment has ended up, just as decadent civilisations of old then as history always repeats itself we are due some sort of end of life situation as a species on a global scale,
Oh hang on 🦇 😷 😂

Finch

I was at a friends house this week and they had Naked Attraction on, I’ve never seen it before, wow,
I was left with a strange feeling that if this is where the human species’s thousands of years journey through the arts and entertainment has ended up, just as decadent civilisations of old then as history always repeats itself we are due some sort of end of life situation as a species on a global scale,
Oh hang on 🦇 😷 😂
It wasn't just me then..

I'm afraid we will have to wait a little longer for the apocalypse though. This one, like all things manufactured in China, has proved shoddy and unfit for purpose.

Rasputin

No, I used to live in France where they have a similar tax

Switzerland too.

After the 18 months of our horrid lives should all TV programmes that are not uplifting be stopped...e.g.. BBC news, police interceptors, bailiffs evicting folks, cooking programmes etc?
PS Naked Attraction?

Should be a whole raft of mind rotting programmes that ought to be banned. Love island etc first to go.

Pedro

I do find that the output of both television and the film industry has been spiralling downwards for some time. No doubt the Covid thing hasn't helped recently though. But where are all the epic films being made? It's all superheroes, CGI and weak storylines. The likes of Naked Attraction, all the Dancing on Ice and Love Island type programmes on the telly leave me cold too. There are, however from time to time some good series on the telly, but they are a ray of light in a sea of darkness.

Did you mean Corrie Bravarianbrit, or maybe Connie Booth from Fawlty Towers? Or maybe Connie Francis?

Finch

I stopped watching all news and current affairs at the start of Covid hysteria. Got sick of it. Newspaper reading quickly followed.
When I do watch TV now it's never anything current. History programmes, wildlife and drama or comedy if made before about 1995. Basically, Drama channel, PBS America and Smithsonian. Otherwise, forget it. But even then what you can't escape and what really grates are the adverts with all their cultural subliminal messaging, the endless racial diversity brow-beating and the absurdly idealised portrayal of urbanised Britain where, according to the admen, there is no overcrowding, no litter, no sirens, dogs never sh*t, the roads are empty and happy cheerful, socially-distanced multi-coloured neighhours yodel for the junk-food supper. Patronising drivel that insults the intelligence. There isn't even any humour in adverts anymore. Wit has been replaced with pre-school age infantilism. Even government information shorts make Telly-Tubbies look highbrow. We live in a hall of mirrors where everything reflected back at us is a grotesque distortion and juvenile caricature of reality. It's nauseating.

Bavarianbrit

I do find that the output of both television and the film industry has been spiralling downwards for some time. No doubt the Covid thing hasn't helped recently though. But where are all the epic films being made? It's all superheroes, CGI and weak storylines. The likes of Naked Attraction, all the Dancing on Ice and Love Island type programmes on the telly leave me cold too. There are, however from time to time some good series on the telly, but they are a ray of light in a sea of darkness.

Did you mean Corrie Bravarianbrit, or maybe Connie Booth from Fawlty Towers? Or maybe Connie Francis?
Coronation Street.