Sake quad .22Lr barrel

Remington 700

Hi all, I’ve just purchased a .22lr barrel for the sake quad. Unfortunately, the bolt won’t cam over when the barrel is fitted. My guess is the barrel is possibly a 1000th too long. Has anyone heard of this before and how did you get around it.

Thanks

Remington 700

Take it back to where you got it from.

It's going to be a bit of a ball ache if you have already notified the firearms department of your purchase.

My Quad runs fine with different barrels.
Luckily I’ve not sent of the paperwork, unfortunately the shop is 50 miles away argh...

Edinburgh Rifles

does the bolt close before you lock up the barrel nut?
highly unlikely the barrel is "too long" or out of spec and as the barrel is held on a flat on the underside the headspace is not set that way

is this when you try to close on a round or on an empty chamber?
If on a round, get rid of the CCI ammo and buy something with a thinner rim

I have a sako quad and haven't had any problems between swapping. Barrels are 22lr and 17hmr. Maybe look at the bolt face to see if it's clean and have a good look where the barrel enters the action to see if anything has ended up in there. Might be stoping it going together properly.

09mutley05

Undo the barrel locking key, close the bolt push the barrel as far back as possible to the action and retightened, I had the opposite problem before when there was too much of a gap and the cartridge wouldn’t fire as the space was too big between the barrel and action and the firing pin wasn’t striking the rim of the cartridge

camo304

Undo the barrel locking key, close the bolt push the barrel as far back as possible to the action and retightened, I had the opposite problem before when there was too much of a gap and the cartridge wouldn’t fire as the space was too big between the barrel and action and the firing pin wasn’t striking the rim of the cartridge
Done the same today after having the barrel chopped.

Remington 700

does the bolt close before you lock up the barrel nut?
highly unlikely the barrel is "too long" or out of spec and as the barrel is held on a flat on the underside the headspace is not set that way

is this when you try to close on a round or on an empty chamber?
If on a round, get rid of the CCI ammo and buy something with a thinner rim
The barrel fits, and bolt will close, albeit being forced. The bolt will pick up and feed a round but it won’t eject that case, I’ve still not fired a round through it yet.

Remington 700

I have a sako quad and haven't had any problems between swapping. Barrels are 22lr and 17hmr. Maybe look at the bolt face to see if it's clean and have a good look where the barrel enters the action to see if anything has ended up in there. Might be stoping it going together properly.
Yeh, I’ve not had a problem with fitting barrels before, this is the first issue I’ve had so far with the quad. Except for a .17 round blowing up in a previous barrel

Remington 700

Yes, thanks for your suggestion, but I have also tried that without success.