Sako 75 Britannia rail

Ttocs

Has anyone used a Britannia rail on a Sako 75 (not sure if Third Eye rails are the same rail). The rail looks to sit nice and low but do the grub screws cut into the top of the action? The Near Manufacturing rail looks nice too but is there a uk supplier; they’re $198 too which seems expensive.
Has anyone any experience of rails on an action 1 Sako 75?
Ttocs

Woodlander

I have a 2 piece Tier One set which leaves the ejection port uncluttered for top loading. Unfortunately they don’t make them anymore. Alan Rhône sell a one piece.

AnthonyR

Not seen the Britannia rail before so it must be quite new to the market, Action 1 Sako 75 rails used to be quite hard to find with really only Recknagel doing one that didn't require a gunsmith to fit them.

The Britannia rail looks OK as long as it fits properly that would be my choice, the Contessa one from Alan Rhone sits quite high and doesn't look as nice IMO, the Recknagel one has too many moving bits for my taste and it sits high as well. The Near rail used to need the action to be drilled unless they have changed it and they are difficult to get as well.

I ended up getting one custom made but the Britannia wasn't available then.

Woodlander

Someone else makes a 2 piece,I had one and sold it on here to a guy from Latvia. If a 2 piece would be an option, I can see if I can remember who made them.

Ttocs

I’d looked at two piece rails, Third Eye/Tier-One make one as do Burris but a 1 piece rail would be stronger and offer more options.Ttocs

ubique

The britannia rail looks like it fits to sako bases, unless I'm looking at the wrong pic! It appears to have protrusions from the bottom to locate in the bases, if that's right it would make it quite high. I went for a near mount on two sakos and they work well, they are nice and low, fitting is by interference fit, so just knock them into place on the existing sako dovetails and job done, can't remember paying as much as you mention above though.

Ttocs

Hi unique, there’s two Britannia rails; yes one fits onto Optilock bases but the other is like the Near rail but with the addition of grubscrews in the rail that screw down onto the receiver to stop the rail moving
Ttocs

Cliff Ray

The Recknagel one works really well. Depending on your particular 75, it may need some light filing on the inside of the mount, but is 100% secure once fitted.