Sako 75 Extractor claw

neil the plumber

Anybody know where I can buy one of the above from. Managed to loose original but remember it having a red tint/coating on it.
Many thanks neil

bobjs

you need an rfd to get them from GMK hold on to your wallet, but brownells are crazy, £50 for a tikka kit from GMK £86 from brownalls.

bob.

Last edited:

bobjs

How did yours turn out Bob :tiphat:

no joy Paul.

seems ill be selling the BR as it is for not a lot of money,

what I may do is keep the barrel and seek a new 595 action ? I think it is down to the cae being shorter than what's normally used so their is not enough pressure as there would be with a longer case,?

bob.

paul o'

Ahh yes that makes some sense feller but as the rifle is chambered in that case config it should still have pressure while in battery thus have head to bolt face tension at point of exstraction , as the bolts in rearward travel , it will only move to the case size or a loaded round coal before it flings it out ! Then a bit more to pickup a new round :-| . I wish i was close id love to see it in all its glory as it were do love a conundrum lol

bobjs

hi paul

I have spoken to GMK about a different spring but I think its not that simple ?but I will see, whats really annoying the rifle delivers some stunning groups I had a .396 5 shot group @ 100 so it shoots it just dunt get shot of the brass ?

bob.

paul o'

ask sako direct mty I have before with TRG's when I needed bits they came up trumps I mailed the tech department

Border

hi paul

I have spoken to GMK about a different spring but I think its not that simple ?but I will see, whats really annoying the rifle delivers some stunning groups I had a .396 5 shot group @ 100 so it shoots it just dunt get shot of the brass ?

bob.
Bob, have you spoken to the usual suspects, Neil, Steve Kershaw, Dave Wylde, Robin etc to see if they can sort it?

bobjs

i think i have 9issed neil off as he told me to check the recess for the spring and i only went and found the problem after i cut the spring,

Gmk have helped me by sending out 2 springs they had on the shelf rather than £50 for another set, so i will have to check them first. if that fails i think it may be just one of those things that it does not like the short 6mmbr case, its always been soft eject and i think that is why the owner before me sold the rifle on?.

Sadly I am not that bothered anymore i will just get shot of it and be happy with my 20 tac,

Bob.