• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Sold: Sako 85 S Varmint Laminated Stainless in .243

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virbius

Hi, I'm selling my Sako 85 S, Varmint Laminated in stainless steel in .243. I have not fired it in 3.5 years since leaving Scotland. My estimate is less than 500 rounds through it mostly at the range, and it is in excellent condition. Muzzle is factory threaded M18, thread protector is present.

PLEASE NOTE: the sale is for the rifle only, moderator and mounts available separately. Keeping the scope for now.

REDUCED PRICE: £1,000.00. Please PM any questions.

IMG_3165.JPGIMG_3167.JPGIMG_3168.JPGIMG_3172.JPGIMG_3174.JPG

Last edited:

mickb

Hi Virbius, Could you please tell me what the barrel length is, 570mm or 620mm ?
Thanks Mick.

Glyn 1

I had one of these as my last estate rifle.

Fantastic bit of kit.

I did work out how many rounds mine had had through it, can't remember exactly but it was between three and four thousand and it was as accurate the day I handed it back as it was when I got it out of the box and this was properly using it as a working rifle. I think it is still going strong, I wish I had negotiated a way to keep it for myself.

Virbius

.243 groups compressed.jpg45grn.jpgDSCN0321.JPG
Thank you for the many PMs, a copy of the answers:

I tended to shoot 95gr soft points or Berger 100gr target bullets, the soft points were Sako ammunition and the Berger were re-loads. Both with what I consider to be impressive accuracy, I've attach a couple of images to the thread which show the accuracy that I achieved - all shot at 100yds. I never carried out a muzzle velocity test so can't comment on that. I was always very impressed with the accuracy, and would suggest that unless you wanted it for bench-rest target shooting it's accuracy will exceed expectations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.