Sako A7 opinions

ciscokid

I would appreciate members opinions on the Sako A7 in .243 as a stalking / target rifle and any advice on reloads for 100grn .243 .

ciscokid

Thank you both for your replies. I guess it's attention to detail ( rifling, crown, bedding, etc ) that gives Sako their reputation for accuracy, Many thanks

tjm160

Pleasure Gary. With 18-months use under the belt, the one thing that annoys me is the 3-round magazine capacity. This is fine for stalking, but a few more would be nice for night time foxing. I still plan to add a .308 in due course and am harking after the new Sako 85 Synthetic Black. Compared to the 85, the A7 feels slimmer in the hands. Perhaps it would be worth a visit to a gun shop to try one in the hands to see how it fits? Indeed, doing that was what brought me to choose the A7 over the Tikka T3.

griffshrek

I luv my A7 but alas it's that silly 7mm08 calibre not. 243 . I previously owned other Sakos and really rate the A7 rifle

ciscokid

Gary,

Happy new year mate, You getting rid of the Remington you brought off me then?

Atb Matt
Hi Matt, happy new year, Since I got the Sako 591 .308 I appear to have caught the Sako bug. I would really like to put in for a 6.5x55 but I am not sure what the firearms officer would say as I already have a .308. So just trying to find out people's thoughts about the A7 in .243. Cheers, Gary

Gary,

I know what you mean since getting a .243 sako 75 im looking for another sako 75 in .308 for stalking to replace my 7mm08. Have you been to a gun shop and handled a few rifles, the shooting shows coming up, good opportunity to handled a few rifles and see what suits you best.

Atb Matt

paul dillon

Hi all

also thinking of the A7 Roughtech in 300wm got a tikka 595 in 243 s/lam very accurate used on fox with superformance 58g BT's also a T3 lit s/s in 308 just fancy going to the next stable for a change

ATB

Paul D

Dave88

I bought my A7 s/s in .270 a few months ago and love it. Was choosing between it a T3 or an 85. The A7 just felt much nicer than the T3 and I didn't feel the need to spend the extra money to go up to the 85. Its not fussy with ammunition either.

Cheers,
Dave