Sako L61R Action Length

thegreg

Did the L61R have a difference in the length of receiver between the "long" cartridges (.30-06, .270 etc.) and the magnum cartridges (.300WM, .375 H&H etc)?

In the old Sako manual it only lists one part number for the receiver which suggests all the calibres (including magnum) used the same receiver.

I might be doing a build using a L61R action as a donor.

Cheers
Greg

antsa

Did the L61R have a difference in the length of receiver between the "long" cartridges (.30-06, .270 etc.) and the magnum cartridges (.300WM, .375 H&H etc)?

In the old Sako manual it only lists one part number for the receiver which suggests all the calibres (including magnum) used the same receiver.

I might be doing a build using a L61R action as a donor.

Cheers
Greg
sakocollectors.com is your friend here

Cheers

Eric the Red

They might be the same receiver, but boltfaces are different, which I imagine will have a major bearing on any rebarrel/build. I've got a magnum action I'm trying to decide what to do with.

thegreg

They might be the same receiver, but boltfaces are different, which I imagine will have a major bearing on any rebarrel/build. I've got a magnum action I'm trying to decide what to do with.

Oddly enough the Sako manual doesn’t distinguish between bolts either, even though the bolt faces will obviously be different.

Cheers
Greg