Wanted: Sako picatinney rail

MAXLISTER1987

Any rails around gents for a sako75..
A barton gun works one would be nice.. I contacted them but he has stopped making them.

Boosh

That Recknagel will be better than a Barton Gun Works one in my opinion Max.
I have a Barton one for a short action Sako that got knocked about a bit when fitted.
I used thread lock on the grub screws thinking I had done a great job fitting it until I looked at the rail bent up and down. Too late on for the tiny screws then.😭
Drilled and tapped a new grub screw I could not remove then to align the rail well.
I will send you this one if you want to try it for nothing. I guarantee you will not be be happy with the fit and remove it in time.
Sako's tapered dovetail mounting system leaves a lot to be desired. If you are happy with a day scope in Optilocks then you are onto a winner, anything else and you are not.
This was for an 85 .260 short action
No more Sako's for me!

MAXLISTER1987

That Recknagel will be better than a Barton Gun Works one in my opinion Max.
I have a Barton one for a short action Sako that got knocked about a bit when fitted.
I used thread lock on the grub screws thinking I had done a great job fitting it until I looked at the rail bent up and down. Too late on for the tiny screws then.😭
Drilled and tapped a new grub screw I could not remove then to align the rail well.
I will send you this one if you want to try it for nothing. I guarantee you will not be be happy with the fit and remove it in time.
Sako's tapered dovetail mounting system leaves a lot to be desired. If you are happy with a day scope in Optilocks then you are onto a winner, anything else and you are not.
This was for an 85 .260 short action
No more Sako's for me!
I'm after setting my 22 250 up as a pure nv set up, my only thoughts with going down the rail route is that I'm going to put my digex on a quick release mount so I can swap it onto the 17hmr from time to time

Boosh

This is what most folks come up against when they want to put a rail on a Sako Max, the purist Sako lovers stick Optilocks on top and have no problem as they are great.
The nighty lads who want to stick NV on a rail start cussing at this point.
Try this Barton rail if you want bud, you might get a better fit on the 75 than I could on the w**k 85 I have.

safer

I have Recknagel 20 moa rail for sale on this forum. I believe it fits 75 too.