Wanted: Scabba Wood near Sprotborough, Doncaster

UK Outfitters

zzr600

Any idea if there is anything worth hunting in Scabba wood to the west of Sprotborough, near Doncaster?

perdix

That is what I call really pushing the boat out :eek:

Know that there are a few Roe and Munty around the Bawtry area but not familiar with the woods you are talking about

fra-mini

I went to school with the previous owners of that wood. They moved to France and bought a vineyard. Not sure if they still own it or not. But I know a few people who live next to it and the first bit from the cadeby side has a private shoot on it iirc.

jimmy milnes

Any idea if there is anything worth hunting in Scabba wood to the west of Sprotborough, near Doncaster?
Hi ZZR
Surely if you have intention to buy this land then you will have walked it and its boundaries, if I was to be buying land for sporting purposes id be wanting to see sign myself and not just what someone else may think of it.
Kind regards
Jimmy

Tommo

I went to school with the previous owners of that wood. They moved to France and bought a vineyard. Not sure if they still own it or not. But I know a few people who live next to it and the first bit from the cadeby side has a private shoot on it iirc.

I live close, kids school in Sprot, I've walked the dogs on the foot paths around there today. Sod-all about, same as most of the other FC /Private stuff around High Melton. As soon as there's deer about the FC lamp the woods endlessly (even as far as telling the farmers to leave them alone - as they belong to the FC!!)

anyhow, then you've got the pikeys and dog boys constantly trawling the woods for deer. So if you are buying for the stalking unless you are willing to guard 24/7 you are going to be on a loser, as stated there is a game shoot on one bit, that's road side by the turning to the Boat Inn, very protective lot, and keep themselves to themselves!

​T

Tommo

If the dogmen haven't mopped em all up pretty prolific in that area I believe.

Hi mate,

Youre dead right they are a pain in the fekin arse. Bold as brass to parked up at night, but as the stay to the paths the plod do bugger all...(and they won't risk moving at night again the Irish Contingent)

hope your well mate-

​Tom

remi700

hi mate my dad had scabba from 1968 up to six years ago when he died and i took over the wood was sold earlier this year and then put back up for sale again in small blocks theres a few dear in not many as we are plagued with 4x4 lampers and dog men .i think 4 blocks have been sold already one having bench fitted so think stalking would be dodgy .i still shoot the land surrounding the wood.

remi700

hi mate my dad had scabba from 1968 up to six years ago when he died and i took over the wood was sold earlier this year and then put back up for sale again in small blocks theres a few dear in not many as we are plagued with 4x4 lampers and dog men .i think 4 blocks have been sold already one having bench fitted so think stalking would be dodgy .i still shoot the land surrounding the wood.​

DEER STALKER

hi mate my dad had scabba from 1968 up to six years ago when he died and i took over the wood was sold earlier this year and then put back up for sale again in small blocks theres a few dear in not many as we are plagued with 4x4 lampers and dog men .i think 4 blocks have been sold already one having bench fitted so think stalking would be dodgy .i still shoot the land surrounding the wood.​

Was your dad called Mick? I shot with him a few times, grand old chap indeed he was.

DEER STALKER

is that mr cooper

No its not. I just knew a few old boys that knew your dad thats all. When I was first getting in shooting years ago my mates dad at the time was a pheasant breeder. In return for helping catching up he let me have or share a gun for return payment. Thats how I met your dad, I had a lot of respect and fun with the old boys back then. Sadly my mates dad died a few years ago also.

PSE Composites Limited