• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Sold: Schmidt & Bender 1.5 - 6 x 42 Flash Dot Illuminated reticle scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraser

This scope is in mint condition and apart from the slight ring markings, which can be seen in the pics, it is unmarked. It comes with the original box and paperwork.

It has an illuminated reticule, identified by S & B as an FD A9. It is a fantastic piece of kit and is virtually as new.

Currently retailing at around £1500, looking for £750. Any inspection welcome. If interested please PM me.​

McKenzie

I might be interested in this but the ring marks look appalling; can you do anything about them?

I'd also like to see some shots of the glass please.

Last edited:

VIGILAIRE

Excellent and versatile scope, love mine to bits, wish I could have picked it up for that price - it is a steal. Good luck with the sale.

EMcC

I might be interested in this but the ring marks look appalling; can you do anything about them?.
The scratches look superficial so a black felt tip pen then a new set of mounts will soon sort those marks out.
At that price I would have expected them to be dents and the whole item in pretty bad shape.
That is a steal for somebody.

fraser

The glass is perfect and whilst some might consider the presence of ring marks to be unsightly I guess its a matter of personal choice/ budget. For me the scope is a tool and once mounted on the rifle the ring marks can't be seen. It is offered at a good price and someone will end up with a nice piece of kit and get a lifetime of use out of it.

McKenzie

I'm very interested in this scope but don't want a badly marked scope. I'm tall with long arms & neck so scopes tend to be mounted further forward in the rings than would work for most people, hence marks would probably be more visible. Could you give the scope a light coat of oil & re-photograph the marks as this is the state it would usually be on my rifle. I'm happy to take it if this looks ok.

EMcC

Black permanent felt tip pen will sort it for you as long as it it scratches rather than dents/crimps.
Once mounted you won't notice it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.