schmidt pm11

Hi i was wondering have any of you guys the Schmidt and bender scope pm 11 4x16x50 mag? I have just bought a remington 700 . 243. I want really good optics and had been looking at them scopes. Are they hard to get secondhand? Was also not sure about mounts for that rifle. I hope I can get help as I am new to these type of scopes and calibers. With that scope would I get enough elevation say if I wanted to punch holes in paper after alot of practice say out as far as 1000yards? I would never consider hunting at that kind of range. My range for hunting is not much over 200 yards at the moment.I now however am hoping to put a lot more practice in this new year and then hope to start deer stalking. Any advice at all to help me I would be greatful thanks.

Kershaw

Hillclimber,

I have a 4-16x50 PM2 which I bought secondhand over 7 years ago.

Its a great stalking scope - very robust and has fantastic optical quality. It was never lost zero in 7 years of use and it has had some pretty hard use especially on the higher ground.

They are not that common secondhand - I got mine from York Guns - but sometimes they come available on here or Guntrader.

Problem is though they are snapped up very quickly as their reputation is so good.

ATB

Robin

ejg

The 4-16 pm2 is a great scope, alternatively you could also look at the k624i . Biggest disadvantage with these scopes is the weight.
I like to stalk with the Kahles, never let me down so far.
edi

Great scope and mag range. With a 30MOA rail, you might get lucky to 1000yds with a 243. PMII version of the 4-16 is a rare beastie. As to mounting, lots of options with Remmy. I'd go for one of the many aftermarket Picatinny rails with some sort of cant - this will mean you can use either standard 34mm mounts or a unimount, either of which will support the scope well. Best of luck.

srvet

I have a 4-16 PMII on my 7mm RM hill rifle. In my opinion it is the best stalking scope I have ever owned and this includes other PMII, night force and Zeiss Diavari scopes.

Arbshot

As it happens I have a 4-16x50 pm11 with side parallax and a 30 moa rail for a Remington action and mounts to fit, I replaced it with a 5-25x56 so I will be putting it up for sale. I will try to put an ad on here this afternoon.

Treedave

As Kershaw says, they're great scopes and can take some abuse, but they're rare. I took over a year to get the two I've got. Don't get hung up on the reticle as S&B will swap reticles and re-gas a scope for about £300 (double that if you want to add an illuminated reticle).
I take my 260 and 308 out to 1000m (on targets) on mounts with circa 20 moa cant. You'll need more on a 243, but this could start to interfere with a 100 m zero for stalking etc. Don't know anything about mounts for a Remmington, as I've never had one!

Ronin

Distinguished Member
I used to own two PM11 4-16

One illuminated one without

Both with the P4 F ret

I still own the illuminated and id have two more in a heartbeat (illuminated ones)

As a precision instrument, they are hard to beat - repeatable dialling, quality optics and bombproof.

Ive had the 5-25 too, but as an all rounder the 4-16 PM11 is the scope to have.

srvet

Thanks for that I am now keeping a lookout for one, but I think they may very hard to get second hand.
Have you seen the one for sale on here, looks a bargain)

i had had mine out today, 5inch gong at 400 yards, checked zero at 100 then dialled in 1.9 mils elevation and .4 for windage, first round smacked the gong into next week! Next shot back into 100 yard group after correcting the turrets. Awesome scope

Hi guys thanks for all the help. I finally got sorted a S&B 4X16 PM11. All the posts wer very helpful thanks again. I feel I made the right choice for optics and reliability.

Last edited: