Schultz Larsen Rifle Victory

AdrianC

Ivythorne Sporting in Somerset have Schultz & Larsen rifles and I believe they are a dealer for the brand.
I handled one when I went there to look at a Mauser.
They seem like good value quality rifles and are made well.
They didn't do it for me however and I still ordered a Mauser but they are a decent rifle and a bit different from the never ending Sako and Tikka wares. No disrespect intended to users of the afore mentioned rifles, I hope you know what I mean.
When I collected my rifle another gentleman was there at the same time and he was collecting a Schultz & Larsen rifle which I believe was a Victory with fluted barrel. He loved it.
If there are no rifles in your area to handle, get in touch with Steve or Shane and I'm sure they will be of help and will let you test fire one.

diverdave

Just ordered 2, one in 243 and one in 3006. I looked at a number of rifles and this was the only one that had everything i wanted in one package. To date i have not heard anyone say anything significantly negative about them, other than the lack of a synthetic stock. All of the reviews i have seen have been very positive. These will be available at some point in the future i am told, and if they are i may get one to retro fit.

EMcC

William Evans at Bisley also has some, or did, when I was looking for a Blaser R8 Success in wood.
The one he had was in 30-06 and the wood was exceptional, if it had been in .308 I might have changed my mind about the Blaser.

Brimfire

Ivythorne Sporting in Somerset have Schultz & Larsen rifles and I believe they are a dealer for the brand.
They didn't do it for me however and I still ordered a Mauser but they are a decent rifle and a bit different from the never ending Sako and Tikka wares. No disrespect intended to users of the afore mentioned rifles, I hope you know what I mean.
When I collected my rifle another gentleman was there at the same time and he was collecting a Schultz & Larsen rifle which I believe was a Victory with fluted barrel. He loved it.
If there are no rifles in your area to handle, get in touch with Steve or Shane and I'm sure they will be of help and will let you test fire one.
I had a chuckle when reading that!... I went there with the intention of purchasing a Mauser and I had 6 or 7 guns on the table to look at and the moment I handled the Schultz & Larsen I knew it was the right one. Got my eye on the M03 Alpine however the wife bank isn't quite so enthusiastic.

JohnT

Just to register another recommendation for Steve and Shane at Ivythorne, as I have no experience of the S&L. I went there to look at rifle options and was treated to the best buying experience I have ever had. Those guys have no limit to the level of assistance they will give and I was left in no doubt that they would do everything to discourage you from making a bad decision. All of that with NO commitment to buy. You can't get better service in my opinion.

stubear

That may possibly have been me if it was back in early July? The 12th or thereabouts!

I have an S&L Victory with a spiral fluted barrel chambered in .308 and I love it - fits me really well, shoots like a dream and I love the looks as well!

I was down at Malcs range today trying a few different ammo types out and thus far have found it likes the 150gr Federals the best.

I got mine from Ivythorn and can highly recommend Steve and Shane to deal with - very straightforward honest guys who know their stuff and will do their best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hanechdene

I am thinking of a 6.5x55 and a .300 win mag.

did anyone purchase one of the S & L sound moderators and what did you think of it?

I have been to William Evans in London to look at their rebadge SL rifles but they only use the ambassador model for their rifles.

stubear

Yep - I got one of their Venom moderators. It's compact, pretty lightweight and cuts the volume and felt recoil down nicely.

I personally am not a fan of moderators only because I think they ruin the lines of the rifle a bit! As Al up at GAP180 said to me once "why do you want to get a great looking rifle and then put a tin can on the end?" which I thought was a fair enough point! I do also find they upset the balance of the rifle (for me anyway) and make them too nose heavy.

I have it in case I need it but unless someone insists I use it I plan to leave it off haha! .308 doesn't kick too much and when you're out stalking you're not blasting through dozens of rounds so hearing protection is less of a concern.

That said if you're shooting a .300WM then recoil becomes more pressing!

Hanechdene

I agree with you about ruining the lines of a rifle however having lost the hearing totally in one ear and damage the hearing significantly in the other through shooting and heavy machinery they are now a necessary evil for me.

as for the 300 they will also be necessary to make it a little more managerible.

currently using a Simon Lawrence titanium moderator and was wondering if there was any benefit in changing to an SL one, guess not?

i don't use one on the 375 but one only fire a handful of cartridges before I start flinching!

what grade wood do you have your SL rifle?

stubear

I agree with you about ruining the lines of a rifle however having lost the hearing totally in one ear and damage the hearing significantly in the other through shooting and heavy machinery they are now a necessary evil for me.

as for the 300 they will also be necessary to make it a little more managerible.

currently using a Simon Lawrence titanium moderator and was wondering if there was any benefit in changing to an SL one, guess not?

i don't use one on the 375 but one only fire a handful of cartridges before I start flinching!

what grade wood do you have your SL rifle?
I just have the standard grade on mine but I did luck out with it as its a really nice looking piece of timber!

I'll dig it out of the cabinet and stick some pictures up when I get a chance.

AdrianC

That may possibly have been me if it was back in early July? The 12th or thereabouts!

I have an S&L Victory with a spiral fluted barrel chambered in .308 and I love it - fits me really well, shoots like a dream and I love the looks as well!

I was down at Malcs range today trying a few different ammo types out and thus far have found it likes the 150gr Federals the best.

I got mine from Ivythorn and can highly recommend Steve and Shane to deal with - very straightforward honest guys who know their stuff and will do their best for you.

Yes it looks like it was you! Glad to hear you're still as pleased as you were back then!

Jagare

I was at a game fair in southern Sweden at the weekend and on one of the first and smallest stand they had Schultz and Larsen and Heym rifles. Had a close look at both makes. What lovely rifles they are for the money. Did not see another rifle all day that came close. If i was starting again from scratch the S&L or the Heym SR21 would be on top of my list of rifles to buy.