Scone rip-off.

RED-DOT

Went to Scone on Sunday... £18 entry fee, £2 car park, £4 for a can of lager, £6 for a vennie burger, £1.50 for a pie the size of an egg, £3 an ice cream. Exhibitors down by a third. Inner ring very poor compared to previous years, no air display. Not one bargain to be had in any of the stands i looked in on.

nuttyspaniel

No change then!! Well there is gate fee uo and now parking a fee. Ill never go back. I made my mind up 2 years ago.

Nutty

stag243

Went to Scone on Sunday... £18 entry fee, £2 car park, £4 for a can of lager, £6 for a vennie burger, £1.50 for a pie the size of an egg, £3 an ice cream. Exhibitors down by a third. Inner ring very poor compared to previous years, no air display. Not one bargain to be had in any of the stands i looked in on.

I hate to agree with you but you are spot on, I went with the wife and 2 kids could not buy a toy for the kids anywhere over priced. Poor exhibitors with no deals, Gamekeepers Row was a joke.

RED-DOT

My mate knows the ice cream vendor... Friday & Saturday sales... £70,000.
As for the wee fisherman with the kilt i could cast further without the rod!!

Bigboab29

I hate to agree with you but you are spot on, I went with the wife and 2 kids could not buy a toy for the kids anywhere over priced. Poor exhibitors with no deals, Gamekeepers Row was a joke.

Yeah got to agree with the above, very very poor this time, promised my wee girl whos 4 a pony ride and a wee toy, and the ponys wernt there (could be down to being to hot for the ponys rite enough) and not a single wee toy stall. so as you can imagine i had a grumpy wean all day. closly fallowed by a grumpy dad who couldnt find one single bargain and came home empty handed with a considerably lighter wallet with nothing to show for it. Dont think i'l be back next year unless im looking for a £10k painting or a £20k coffe table.

david1976

I stopped going to this about 10 years ago and have never regretted it. Same things in the same place year after year and the price of food there is quite frankly ludicrous. Same as the highland show this year, a total rip off. Luckily I worked it so it cost me nothing to get in or park but I wouldnt have gone and paid that much normally.

widows son

Aye well never cost me a thing and a excellent networking day everything accomplished as I set out to do ,just never made I back on the Sunday ah well roll on the free tickets for next year.
I cannot say I ever really go to the game fair and buy anything, it for me is more of a meeting place see what if anything is new and a hands on look at it .

I did however buy another leather rifle sling from the saddler Wm Rollinson of bridge of earn his stuff is second to none second sling I've bought from him only four to go for a full set £85.00 and a pound back for luck a man that knows his game .

deerhunter270

Apart from the parking fee and the overly priced burgers I had a great day, but I did have free tickets, not sure if I would have went if I had to pay in.

8x57

Distinguished Member
£6 for a vennison burger, that's scandalous.:evil:

Bandit Country and .243Varmint were only charging £1 a burger yesterday at the H4H shoot and they were simply the best vennison burgers I have ever tasted. I have spoken to two people this morning who were at the event and they both asked about their vennison burgers as they were of a similar opinion to myself.

perdix

I was in a foul mood all weekend because I couldn't make it but it looks like I may have svaed a whole load of cash by not going(not that I had a whole load of cash in the first place!).
The charging for parking seems to be a growing trend.When I used to go to watch bands in Sheffield at The Arena I always got stung for parking on top of the ticket prices and I have been told that its done at the Chatsworth Fair now too !

goathunter1

Hmm, my venison burger consisted of, roll, 2 venison burgers topped with haggis, chutney and onions. I thought that £6.00 was rather a bargain. It obviously mattered where you shopped. My stalking sticks were £20.00 which was fine, my heavy duty ratchet loppers £30.00 and, best of all the giraffe for £35.00 which my darling darling loved when I got it home. So, who gives a toss about the price. Cheer up lads. Oh, and finally, the wee knife sharpener thingy that they have been selling for years is still a tenner. I say again, cheer up lads.

Last edited:

bogtrotter

Well I enjoyed it as usual, I don't go there to buy stuff you will always be able to buy cheaper online, but its not a bad place to see what's new on the market.

As I said on previous post I go to meet up with people I only see on that day each year.

I agree that prices are going up but that is the same with any event.

I was lucky to have free tickets and parking, but not a cheap day for a family with kids.