Scope cover, neoprene?

Markymarkf

Been advised that good alternative to flip covers for my schmidt n vendor scope 52mm objective is a nice snug fitting neoprene cover.. but finding it difficult to get one big enough, 16inches long and a fair sized objective lense seems to be too big for most I can find, what you all using, any other opinions on this, cheers people :)

Beartooth black or camo on ebay.

441423DF-9FD4-41B4-B51B-78BD204E9583.jpeg

3x15x56 under there. Its the 50 Long model.

Great for ploughing through the undergrowth keeping your optics clean. :thumb:

Thanks guys like the look of the beartooth with the flip front n back..no faff :) ,
Schmidt and bender 8x52 freshface :)

I custom make my own covers to suit each rifle/scope. A sheet of 2mm camo neoprene off fleabay & a tube of wetsuit glue. No stitching needed. Joins can be edge to edge or overlaps.
An hour of my time & cost about £2 each . What's not to like. Keeps the scopes clean is silent in use & stops cabinet dings.

Ian

I custom make my own covers to suit each rifle/scope. A sheet of 2mm camo neoprene off fleabay & a tube of wetsuit glue. No stitching needed. Joins can be edge to edge or overlaps.
An hour of my time & cost about £2 each . What's not to like. Keeps the scopes clean is silent in use & stops cabinet dings.

Ian
Ian, thanks for that bud, my DIY skills are non existent, would rather spend a wee bit for the ease :) although I do like the idea of making my own moderator cover, maby a bit easier :)

Did my wildcat mod as per what Ian does ,cheap as chips and used the leavings on my air rifle scope but cable tied not glue ,me n glue stick together too well :doh:

Thanks guys.. opted for the beartooth only the black available in my size 50 'large' ( dont say that very often) should be here tommorow , will say I like the idea of making my own moderator cover.. might get the wife on board she'd manage better than me :)

Back