Scope covers for a Zeiss V8 2.3-20X56

Glendine

Hi Guys,

I would appreciate if someone could please recommend me a good quality
set of scope covers for a Zeiss V8 - 2.3-20 X 56. I am aware that Zeiss
make only an objective lens cover. I would like to keep a uniform flow in the selection of scope covers.

Thanks,
Glendine.

bluesako

hi glendine ,i know zeiss make their own flip up scope covers but are so expensive, i would look at vortex scope covers they are so good, and dont break the bank, and if you did break them, vortex will replace them for free regards dave.

scotch_egg

I am a staunch advocate of the vortex covers. However I lost on my V8 2.8-20X56 in April. It’s was horrendous weather and there was ingress under the rubber which caused it to slip off unnoticed in the heather.

It will be replaced with the same item however I will secure it with material tape under the cover to provide a better surface to grip.

2428 miles

Hi,
I am also looking for an eyepiece cover for the Zeiss V8 2.8-20x56.
Its measuring 47mm with calipers. It would seem that the Vortex Defender Eyepiece won't fit this scope... however their objective cover #40 (45-48mm) might fit.

Glendine - I wondered how you got on and what you chose in the end?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Miles

Cawdor118

I use one and have done for the last year on the rear of my 2.3-20x56 V8. I always find it tight enough, in fact its a snug perfect fit. I can get the size if you are interested?

2428 miles

I use one and have done for the last year on the rear of my 2.3-20x56 V8. I always find it tight enough, in fact its a snug perfect fit. I can get the size if you are interested?
Hi Cawdor,
Yes please, that would be great. I assume it was an Objective lens cap you used to fit the eye piece lens?
I'm a bit confused that they only seem to make just the one eyepiece lens cap...
Cheers for your help.
Miles

Cawdor118

Hi Cawdor,
Yes please, that would be great. I assume it was an Objective lens cap you used to fit the eye piece lens?
I'm a bit confused that they only seem to make just the one eyepiece lens cap...
Cheers for your help.
Miles
No, sorry its the ocular end i have one on. My apologies.