scope covers

barryh

can anyone recommend a brand and size of scope covers that will fit on a schmidt & bender 8x56 thanks

VSS

The vortex caps are good, except that I have to slip the eyepiece cover off and put it in my pocket, because it fouls the bolt on my P-H. Not too much of a problem because I carry my rifle muzzle up, and the objective cover fits well.

barryh

thanks pity there is not just a pair that is made to fit as i have got two and they are just not fitting well enough for my likeing

Cottis

I recently got a Harkila neoprene scope cover. They come in three sizes and have a little magnetic lip that silently covers and uncovers the glass when needed. NO chance of it ever breaking as far as I can tell. Bit pricey at £25 for each end of your scopes but with the cost of glass, you probably can justify it, especially given they are unlikely to break like the BC junk covers. I can see them lasting forever and quite like how they work. Anything silent and faultless in the field gets my vote.

antsa

I just purchased a pair of Vortex Defender caps for my Vortex PST 4-16x50. Objective cover works great but the eyepiece cover pulls off when you try to open the cap. Ended up putting a cable tie around it to keep it in place.

Cheers

A J

I recently got a Harkila neoprene scope cover. They come in three sizes and have a little magnetic lip that silently covers and uncovers the glass when needed.
Cheers for the heads-up on those, they look pretty good.

Fireman sam

I recently got a Harkila neoprene scope cover. They come in three sizes and have a little magnetic lip that silently covers and uncovers the glass when needed. NO chance of it ever breaking as far as I can tell. Bit pricey at £25 for each end of your scopes but with the cost of glass, you probably can justify it, especially given they are unlikely to break like the BC junk covers. I can see them lasting forever and quite like how they work. Anything silent and faultless in the field gets my vote.
Just received 2 of these 1 for a S&B and 1 for a Longbow and first impressions are very good
Great service from ' Cedarstone' will definitely use them again

Cottis

Think Cedarstone was where mine came from (possibly via Fleabay, cannot recall) Deffo good service and their little shop looks fairly good too for clothing and outdoor pursuits.

The little Harkila scope covers I do like. They don't mark your scope ends and can easily be removed and put on to other rifle (Obj/Occ lens size depending) The best things are often the most simple as is the case here

Ratc

Anybody used the Harkila neoprene scope covers on a Swarovski Z5 5-25x52 ? What sizes were required ?

Cottis

Anybody used the Harkila neoprene scope covers on a Swarovski Z5 5-25x52 ? What sizes were required ?
Nope but for reference I used the medium size on my STAC with a 42mm Objective lens. It suggests the Medium scope cover is 50mm but 42mm is just the actual glass. You obviously have the outer edge of the bell housing of the scope body to consider etc.

Mine fits snug as a bug, no chance of coming off. They are quite stretchy and have a fair amount of give in them. Think wet suit.

For reference the sizes I believe are Small (42mm) Medium (50mm) Large (56mm) and X Large (64mm). I do not know the exact size of your scope but if the Obj lens is 52mm, you would need at least the large I would think. Tighter is better than loose. I reckon 64mm might be a touch slack but pls don't take my word for it. Try speaking to Cedarstone, they will no doubt be able to advise properly.