scope for lamping rabbits

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

verminshooter29

guys just wondering what scopes you guys have on your rimfire rifles for shooting rabbits in the falling light and at night time when lamping????

Fursty Ferret

Nikko stirling gold crown 4-16x50 on my hmr. It has accounted for thousands of rabbits and many foxes.
90% of the time its used with a nv unit nowadays

perdix

I've had variable mag scopes in the past and usually ended up setting them on 6x and hardly ever,if at all,altering that

Apache

Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 on the .22 and a Swaro 4-16X50 on the .17HMR

A baby bunny at 90 yards looks small under X9. Not sure how you guys manage on X4

verminshooter29

I usually shoot at 8 mag,never need much more than that.bought a 6-44 eb optimate scope recently,a wee cracker.was wondering about 50mm obj lens with fixed mag,figure a more expensive scope should be better

Danny Treacy

Glad you like the 6x44 optimate!

I use an old Tasco 4x40 for my lamping setup as I find it gathers the light really well before I need to turn the lamp on. I also find that a high mag makes it even harder to judge distances at night/dusk.

​Atb.

salopsniper

MTC Mamber here and my lamping partner uses a MTC Viper, we are both happy with our scopes and normally stick to 10 x mag !

ATB

Matt

jordang

I use an ags swat. Surprisingly its one of my favourite scopes. It's excellent in low light, better than some very expensive glass.

bewsher500

I use a 7 or 8x50 fixed for lamping
dont be faffing with parallax or zoom when lamping, you want to reduce issues not increase them

​same scope would be fine for low light but that is coincidental in my case

willowbank

I use an ags swat. Surprisingly its one of my favourite scopes. It's excellent in low light, better than some very expensive glass.

Very good little scope, I use one on .22 RF set up with max eye relief so that a Cobra Merlin NV can be slipped on and still have sensible eye relief. The Merlin works extremely well with this side p/x scope and can be installed/removed within 15 seconds so really is the ideal NV setup for Rabbits, especially with a variable power Tracer lamp and IR filter sitting on top, just cut a small chunk out of the Tracer mount that clips over the scope and it will fit. The setup I describe will give NV heaven for relatively little money at RF ranges.

ATB WB

PSE Composites Limited