Scope help

rwade545

I am very optic spoilt, having had s&b, ior, Swarovski Zeiss etc. I currelty have a Swarovski x5 on my 6.5x47and Bushnell ERS 0n my 300 wm. I have now got a .243 on the way and looking for a scope. How ever this is a budget set up, so criteria are
up to 12xmag
side focus ( preferably down to 10m) as will be adding mv onto it
turrets so can still do some longer range work
problem budget is up to around 200.
Found a few scopes the fit some of my criteria. Anyany suggestions on one which fits all?

Regards

hendrix's rifle

I am very optic spoilt, having had s&b, ior, Swarovski Zeiss etc. I currelty have a Swarovski x5 on my 6.5x47and Bushnell ERS 0n my 300 wm. I have now got a .243 on the way and looking for a scope. How ever this is a budget set up, so criteria are
up to 12xmag
side focus ( preferably down to 10m) as will be adding mv onto it
turrets so can still do some longer range work
problem budget is up to around 200.
Found a few scopes the fit some of my criteria. Anyany suggestions on one which fits all?

Regards

One of the Mtc line? I use the genesis on my 223 to good effect, with night vision. Or have a look at the cheaper end of the hawke scopes

rwade545

Focus to 10 m for night vision add on and once I get around to doing a custom build on the .243 it will go onto a 22lr

Southern

Bushnell AR-223 4-12x40
Primary Arms 4-14x ... or maybe an Athlon.

Spend just a wee bit more for a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-12x40mm - doesn't have the side parallax, but has nice optics and turrets. I would try a scope with NV before dismissing it for lack of close focusing.

mealiejimmy

The OP wants to be able use the scope with a night vision add-on.
For that idea to work, the scope really needs some sort of focus control, either adjustable objective (AO) or side parallax.
Without it, and because IR light focusses in a different plane from visible light, using a scope without focus control means that it's virtually impossible to get the image and the reticle to be in the same plane, resulting in either an out of focus reticle or an out of focus image.
Long time NV add-on users will also tell you that Vortex scopes are, for some reason, absolutely crap with NV rear add-ons

Cheers

Bruce

25 Sharps

For what you are after a secondhand Hawke Sidewinder fits the bill, any MTC I have owned though excellent with digital NV has whited out at dusk without it, the sidewinder will give you target resettable turrets and work well with your NV, I have one on my 0.233 AI and it fits the bill. The Hawke endurance is another good option but they have a low sporting turret, not so good for dialling but good if the cabinet is full!