Scottish Stalking legislation - changes ahead

slider

Changes to Scottish deer legislation are now virtually inevitable. The SNP has entered into a quasi coalition with the Greens and one of the commitment is to implement the recommendations of the Deer Management Working Group will be implemented as set out in the Scottish Government’s response of March 2021.

Reloader708

It's a scam; intended to kick the legs from under the traditional Highland sporting estate. Grouse, deer, fishing next plus constant pressure for so called land reform! They can't abide the idea of privately owned land
I'm not seeing an unmanageable problem regarding deer with the tools we currently have, it's never been easier to kill them.
It will happen but it makes me wonder where we'll go next...poison

JockStalk

I was watching the news earlier and looking at see no evil, hear no evil and wee Jimmy cranky I could only thing ‘Scotland, what have you done?’ 🤦🏼‍♂️
100%
The tartan taliban are in power and the flag waving trash that voted them in have swallowed the BS hook, line and sinker. Now allied to the Marxists, who by the way have zero climate or environmental competence, in a coalition of convenience. Talking of conveniences, this will also mean blokes will shortly have the legal right to access the ladies loos in public. How long until someone’s kids, partner or girlfriend fall foul of that lunacy,
I’m very much a patriot, but see the country I love demeaned and destroyed by hateful nationalism.

slider

100%
The tartan taliban are in power and the flag waving trash that voted them in have swallowed the BS hook, line and sinker. Now allied to the Marxists, who by the way have zero climate or environmental competence, in a coalition of convenience. Talking of conveniences, this will also mean blokes will shortly have the legal right to access the ladies loos in public. How long until someone’s kids, partner or girlfriend fall foul of that lunacy,
I’m very much a patriot, but see the country I love demeaned and destroyed by hateful nationalism.
"male" toilets in Scottish Goverment offices already have a free supply of female hygeine products, just in case......

NullMac

Changes to Scottish deer legislation are now virtually inevitable. The SNP has entered into a quasi coalition with the Greens and one of the commitment is to implement the recommendations of the Deer Management Working Group will be implemented as set out in the Scottish Government’s response of March 2021.

WTF has it got to do with the Greens, it was always going to happen.

NullMac

100%
Seems to me you are doing your bit for "hateful" as well. Takes two...

Leglas

I can see the logic behind most of it, and some (mandatory training for stalking) isn't a bad idea. I don't get the use of shotguns on deer though, anyone get the logic there?

Wills

It will be interesting to see how they divide the pie and when the infighting will start. Would suggest it will be financially based for a start.

JockStalk

Seems to me you are doing your bit for "hateful" as well. Takes two...
I find their ideology hateful ie it is born out of hate, like all nationalist ideologies it’s based on victim hood and grievance. In this case interlinked with poorly veiled hatred of the English, but that’s another matter entirely - just like the persistence of sectarianism. Not something the nationalists tackle as it rather gets them offside with their vote. But then they don’t tackle all the other devolved matters they are failing in either.
So yes, I find nationalism hateful - in all forms, including our very own snp variety. It’s no more or less a hateful ideology than the others being based on a misguided sense of superiority and arrogance. Exactly like Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini.
The fanaticism of the nationalists is truly frightening.

Heym SR20

I find their ideology hateful ie it is born out of hate, like all nationalist ideologies it’s based on victim hood and grievance. In this case interlinked with poorly veiled hatred of the English, but that’s another matter entirely - just like the persistence of sectarianism. Not something the nationalists tackle as it rather gets them offside with their vote. But then they don’t tackle all the other devolved matters they are failing in either.
So yes, I find nationalism hateful - in all forms, including our very own snp variety. It’s no more or less a hateful ideology than the others being based on a misguided sense of superiority and arrogance. Exactly like Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini.
The fanaticism of the nationalists is truly frightening.
A bit like that crock of shite nationalism that was sold as BREXIT, or in Zimbabwe, Independence, or in Afghanistan - freedom from the west, or whatever the Taliban come up with.

Reloader708

No good reason to have and possess rifles for deer stalking so all our rifles will have to be handed in. And a few stalkers might get employed at the “Deer Stalking Heritage Museum” otherwise P45 time :(
I was just about to say the same.
Perhaps park ranger style with a gift shop at the end of the safari where you can get a fluffy toy!
I'll struggle with that!

tusker

Bottom line, how long do we have as hobby stalkers to visit Scotland for a stalking holiday? Also who the hell is going to be at every hillside to make sure we are all using the correct ammo?
Tusker