Scottish Wild Boar.

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

Bill Bartlett

Hi, guys - thought you might like to see a nice Scottish Wild Boar recently completed. Just shy of a medal but a big boy for Dumfries-Shire nevertheless. His neck measured 33 inches at the atlas joint! ATB Bill.

Munty1

I have shot boar in Europe for 20yrs, but Dumfries seems to produce some very good animals. A mate (big Pete who is no longer with us) had some very big boar on his farm in Dumfries. I think you have a better chance of a medal in Dumfries than in Europe, certainly the trophy fees will be cheaper.

weeman

Awesome work yet ageing bill.

Ive stalked boar quite a few times with Colin having culled three boar in three outings.
its awesome stalking not as easy as some may think but worth while.
for those who haven't yet tried stalking boar with Colin I highly recommend it and if successful you will be hookedtruest me, already looking forward to October onwards and I'll be there.
take advantage of the carcasses also as its quality meat.

tignme

A friend of mine has a permission near Carsphain and the farmer has told him there are boar on property.This guy shoots pigeons etc no FAC. What Calibre is need.

Solwaystalker

Pete was a good friend , his son Brad used to stalk with me before his move down south
also shot boar with Pete a couple of times
Nice work Bill , hopefully Adrian will bring you one this winter

ajfab

Pete was a good friend , his son Brad used to stalk with me before his move down south
also shot boar with Pete a couple of times
Nice work Bill , hopefully Adrian will bring you one this winter[/QUOT
I bloody hope so costing me a fortune running backwards and forwards to spot colin!

weeman

Save one for me Colin, come October I'll be back up for them.
im due some luck on the boar:rofl:
im working on the mrs to allow one to be put up in the kitchen.

Last edited:

Solwaystalker

He was shot a while back Martin , i havent been shooting any from seats lately but have two new seats both feeding well
​will start in September