SD Members Ball.

Hornet

Well I think a ball (masked of course) is a splendid idea, somewhere central would be a fair option, although I guess still a drag for some, you can please some of the people all of the time........... But seriously I think it's a great idea, haven't had a penguin suit on since the last hunt ball I went to, just a thought, if the venue was London, the smokey barrels virtual hunting bar might be a hoot .;)

parkyboy

Well I think a ball (masked of course) is a splendid idea, somewhere central would be a fair option, although I guess still a drag for some, you can please some of the people all of the time........... But seriously I think it's a great idea, haven't had a penguin suit on since the last hunt ball I went to, just a thought, if the venue was London, the smokey barrels virtual hunting bar might be a hoot .;)
Penguin suit be blowed..from what I've read on this thread anyone whose anyone is coming in a dress..... :coat:

Kjf

Joking aside,

I think it's a good idea , the pigeon watch forum does one every year up at gardeners gun range near eskdalemuir,

The lads all camp out and have a good craic , I go every year

I'd be up for it if someone arranged it

Kjf

parkyboy

Would this be open to all sd members to attend or would have have to have passed you're level 1 to attend
Sorry couldn't resist.
Would that be level 1 in deer stalking or level 1 in applying lippy and eye liner while wearing high heels... :rofl:

dartmoordog

Would this be open to all sd members to attend or would have have to have passed you're level 1 to attend
Sorry couldn't resist.
Good heavens, I would never mix with them who do not possess, at the very least, a L1. In fact I think L1s should have their own mess, and be kept separate from those with a higher portfolio.

DSCs, far nicer class of people, I am very fussy with whom I socially mix with.

Island

yep, that would do it, just needs the mma cage and a few bottles of cheap scotch and it could prove an entertaining evening. :lol:
:oops: Perish the thought old boy. Shall we also be stooping to the level of Prosecco with the canape's instead of Champagne?

What would all the other shooting forums say?

riddick

:oops: Perish the thought old boy. Shall we also be stooping to the level of Prosecco with the canape's instead of Champagne?

What would all the other shooting forums say?
who cares, they're the ones that will be served the cheap stuff, we keep the good stuff for our guys. :tiphat:
If it becomes a problem,,, well there's always the cage.,,, welcome to "thunderdome, SD style.

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Prior to our purchasing the SD site, a number of years ago now, (about 10 years) I arranged a meet up and clay shoot in the South East. This was followed by a free tour around the private big game museum I curated the following day.
About 20 people turned up to stay at the local pub with a meal and accommodation on the Saturday. However on the Sunday about 60 to 70 turned up for the free tour.

Mind you I think the total membership was less than 600 at the time. Now we are well over 21,000.

8x57

Distinguished Member
Sorry Malc but it looks like you will have to put of the ball for the time being, it looks like that a ban on large gatherings may be on the cards. Probably just as well as finding a venue to accommodate all 21,000 site members plus their other halves was a bit of a problem I understand, I can't think of anywhere with a big enough dance floor.
Also the welcoming complimentary glass of champagne may be an issue, you Alex and John would be pouring that out for hours. :)

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Sorry Malc but it looks like you will have to put of the ball for the time being, it looks like that a ban on large gatherings may be on the cards. Probably just as well as finding a venue to accommodate all 21,000 site members plus their other halves was a bit of a problem I understand, I can't think of anywhere with a big enough dance floor.
Also the welcoming complimentary glass of champagne may be an issue, you Alex and John would be pouring that out for hours. :)
[/QUOTE]

:lol: Oh I am not volunteering to organise any ball at this point in time. I am busy enough running the stalking business, and at the moment enjoying a few days off. 21,000 plus glasses of champers would turn JAYB and Alex into a jibbering wreck.

sh1kar

Wembley stadium would manage that comfortably - including all being 1m apart

S