SD Stalking 2010

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
The venue, will be an 8000 acre highland estate, about 50 miles North of Inverness. Last year it was run over a week which was split into two three day sessions, this year it will be for the entire week, arrive on the Sunday and leave the following Sunday, there are at the moment six places available. The cost will be £150 per person per week accommodation, you will have to supply your food but last year a bit of pre event collaboration and this all went well. All linen, towels, heating, electricity is included in the accommodation costs.

It will take place in October, not quite sure which week yet but it will be in Stag season. The actual hunting costs will be, £60 per stalk, pricketts will be free, stags will not exceed £300. All carcases will be available for purchase at game dealer rates. All damage and condemned carcases ( being the fault of the stalker) will be paid for at game dealer rates There will be a non refundable deposit of £50 with the remainder needing to be paid by August 1st.

Interested parties please PM me, it will be on a first come first served basis

See the link below for last years event

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?3552-Stalking-witnessing-learning-opportunity

John

Last edited:
John

Many thanks on behalf of all for what is an exceptionally generous opportunity to stalk the highlands. Sadly, CinC Naval Home Command has other ideas for my cash so I am unable to accept a place but good luck it will be fabulous.

RF

Hi Jayb, I could probably save £100 a month towards this, will £850 be enough for the week?

I have looked at the price and the answer to your question DL is sadly no unless you only stalk for a few days. If you stalk every day morning and evening then get your food and hopefully don't bump in to anything costly like a royal then you will be about £1040 for the week. This is still a good deal if you went to an estate you would pay 300 notes a day plus the accommodation etc etc.

Now is the time you can all shout at me as I must put my hands up to making a bit of a balls up. It is not £150 a week it is £160, very sorry my fault :oops::oops:

John

Hope to get onto it one year, if only I knew what part of the country/world I'd be in, I'd part with my cash now, IF I knew I was staying where I am.....

Good luck to whoever goes, seems to have been a right good laugh in the past.

TJ

What a fantastic offer! Last years trip was one of the highlights of my year - think I'd better get fit though if I get the chance to go back this year! Plus I don't think I have ever laughed as hard!

Gez

What a fantastic offer! Last years trip was one of the highlights of my year - think I'd better get fit though if I get the chance to go back this year! Plus I don't think I have ever laughed as hard!

Gez

+1 Gez.. Was an amazing time out on the hill and an amazing time with the lads.. Definately one well never forget

ATB mate

Terry

for those that who go on this they will have a brill time,its worth going just to stay in a fantastic location for the week, plus im sure there will be a few laughs along the way.
p.s me and fester sat watching a golden eagle one day, it was worth the drive just to see that. never mind some of the other sights.:eek:

Last edited:
Can I just ask, is this thrown open to the whole membership of the site or are you still intending it to be for people looking to start/finish their DSC2??

SD WEEK 2010

This years week will be Sunday October 3rd until Sunday October 10th, I have notified those that have stated they wanted to come. As of yet I have only had a couple of responses.

The situation is that we need to know who is coming, therefore I am afraid that if the people who have been notified do not get in touch by the evening of Monday next, 21st of June then the offer will be opened up again.

John

Last edited:
Looking forward to the ten hour drive John..;)

Then the drive up Heartbreak Ridge.. :D

Hopefully have one or two sharing the journey this year

ATB and see you soon

Terry

Hi JAYB i stated my intrest some months back, just to let you know due to unforseen circumstances (my next baby being due on the 5th October) i wont be able to commit to this....poor excuse i know.

rgds

You will be popular if you can drive up heartbreak ridge :eek:

John

:lol::lol:.. I really meant the drive in the walking sence.. if that makes sense.. :doh:

If i can find a small ditch i should be able to navigate a small mountain...:lol:

Anyway, just had a new clutch and Malcs shown me how to smoke em.. :lol::lol:

Doh..:oops: it must be the Le Mans hangover i dont even understand myself.

Back