Sell 17 hmr and go for hornet

sc7

Is blue dot not position sensitive, like H110? As I low charges laying flat in the case can detonate and cause pressure spikes. Also easy to doh le charge on a low case fill

Plus it’s hard to get hold of around here
Re Blue dot. I have not had any such problems using it when following the loading data I sourced from the internet and I don't have any problems double charging with my loading method. Availability well a tub lasts a long time and so its been a while since I have bought one but probably more available than new hornet rifles. I was experimenting with it more to reduce noise in 20P but I think the economics of the hornets applies equally to .223 with like for like performance. And I see a post here for bullets at 25p - well I just paid 22p a round for .17HMR. I still think the .17HMR is the tool for lamping rabbits with occasional fox over any of these centrefires we are debating and will see more use.
Also obvious to me know following this thread how 'one man's meat is another man's poison'
Thank you for an interesting thread.

Guesty

Re Blue dot. I have not had any such problems using it when following the loading data I sourced from the internet and I don't have any problems double charging with my loading method. Availability well a tub lasts a long time and so its been a while since I have bought one but probably more available than new hornet rifles. I was experimenting with it more to reduce noise in 20P but I think the economics of the hornets applies equally to .223 with like for like performance. And I see a post here for bullets at 25p - well I just paid 22p a round for .17HMR. I still think the .17HMR is the tool for lamping rabbits with occasional fox over any of these centrefires we are debating and will see more use.
Also obvious to me know following this thread how 'one man's meat is another man's poison'
Those same HMR bullets are available from Kranks at 5.5p each, so that makes for 16p per bang total (plus brass initial outlay), and that is over 1000fps faster than an HMR with better accuracy too.
It does still have the bother of reloading though.

sc7

Those same HMR bullets are available from Kranks at 5.5p each, so that makes for 16p per bang total (plus brass initial outlay), and that is over 1000fps faster than an HMR with better accuracy too.
It does still have the bother of reloading though.
Yes thank you, I know as I used to use them in my 17H with 9.4gr lilgun and is my point in earlier post "end of line, cheapo, leftovers" for an adequate budget round with reasonable performance. For best performance its 20gr v max in 17H, 35gr V max in 22H, 32/40 vmax or 32/39 blitzking in 20 and 35gr,40gr,50gr(my preference) v max in .222 or .223 which are all about equal as it makes no difference on price/100 bullets.

25 Sharps

My 2 local RFDs have 3 new hornets on the shelf between them, neither have blue dot in stock and HMR and WMR ammo is 32-34p a round.....