Selling a T3 260 barrel?

Guesty

I'm looking for some advice about how would legally I sell a barrel that is one one of my rifles?
Its a Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless 20" with M18x1 muzzle thread. It shoots great and the bore is in very good condition but I already have a 6.5x55 and really fancy something a bit smaller, probably a 6mmBR as I already have the dies.
So could I sell the barrel on the forum? I suppose it would have to be surrendered to an RFD who would then check the buyer's ticket before installing in his rifle, but would just like to check before hand.

Edinburgh Rifles

can be sold like any other restricted component

either an RFD or an individual with the appropriate slot (some people do get components listed as they acquire the parts for a build themselves)

Sadly used barrels are not worth much in the UK
Whilst their itegrity and condition can be easily confirmed the market is driven by new barrels in a semi-custom form.

I have a fine selection of orphaned barrels in excellent condition, some are as new factory barrels, some semi custom chambered barrels

Guesty

can be sold like any other restricted component

either an RFD or an individual with the appropriate slot (some people do get components listed as they acquire the parts for a build themselves)

Sadly used barrels are not worth much in the UK
Whilst their itegrity and condition can be easily confirmed the market is driven by new barrels in a semi-custom form.

I have a fine selection of orphaned barrels in excellent condition, some are as new factory barrels, some semi custom chambered barrels
Thanks for the sales tips.
You are quite correct that it isn't worth much, but 6.5mm cartridges seem to be trendy right now so someone might be interested. It seems a shame to bin a good barrel.

Milligan

trendy but by the time you add the time to recut etc it's note far off the cost of buying new. Blanks aren't that expensive.
my .260 barrell is still sat with Neil McKillop, or at least I think it is...

Guesty

Very true. It will screw straight onto another T3 with a go no-go gauge, but I don't think I will bother.
I am now leaning towards selling the rifle.