Semi Auto .22LR

booradley

I’m a huge fan of the CZ 512, mine is a .22 Mag. The triggers are not the greatest but the gunsmith I use is something of a trigger guru and he did a great job.

In the U.S. the debate rages eternal between the Marlin Model 60 and Ruger 10/22. The triggers on both are truly horrendous. I’m in the Model 60 camp, mine has an aftermarket trigger. I’m all about triggers.
7C4E24D9-AEEE-4F92-B7E8-BC2FF41223AE.jpeg

Muir

In the U.S. the debate rages eternal between the Marlin Model 60 and Ruger 10/22.......
View attachment 142570
I've never heard that debate. I like your 512. I have a BRNO 511 that is a sterling performer. Someone botched the trigger before I got it. It went full auto when I squeezed the trigger. I contacted CZ USA for parts. They said they had some someplace and would be in touch. Almost a year later I got an email saying they'd sent me all the trigger components they had, no charge. Great service and I was more than happy to get to use this fine little rifle. I also have a Model 611 in 22WMR. Certainly the best 22WMR auto I have ever used. A very good friend has a 512 but oddly, I've never had the opportunity to shoot it.~Muir

booradley

The 10/22 and Model 60 are the two best selling semi-auto .22 rifles of all time by a huge margin. The argument about which is better has been raging forever. IMO the Model 60 is a little more accurate and the 10/22 much more modular.

I’d like to get my hands on a 511 and a 611. I’m a huge fan of CZ rifles and handguns. I have two CZ rifles and a number of CZ handguns. I’m not a fan of CZ shotguns and it’s not because CZ doesn’t manufacture them and they are made in Turkey. We have four Turkish shotguns in the family and I’m happy with them:

Muir

The 10/22 and Model 60 are the two best selling semi-auto .22 rifles of all time by a huge margin. The argument about which is better has been raging forever. IMO the Model 60 is a little more accurate and the 10/22 much more modular.

I’d like to get my hands on a 511 and a 611. I’m a huge fan of CZ rifles and handguns. I have two CZ rifles and a number of CZ handguns. I’m not a fan of CZ shotguns and it’s not because CZ doesn’t manufacture them and they are made in Turkey. We have four Turkish shotguns in the family and I’m happy with them:
I think that they are indeed the two most popular guns, but like you said, the Ruger is modular and up gradable witch appeals to folks. I have had M-60's and they worked fine until they didn't. I have a few Rugers. Neither really float my boat.
Yes the 511 is great as is the 611. The 611 came to me in the original 1996 box with papers from an estate sale. I managed to get 2 extra each, 5 round and 10 round mags from a dealer in San Diego. I put all in a leather bound, lined, hard case for a shotgun. Very classy rig. Really accurate with plain old CCI Maxi Mag.~Muir

plumber01

Another fan for Rimfire magic, about as good as a semi can get but proper money, you might oick up a bargain , s/h anschutz for under 200 quid, test it first though, good luck

Erik Hamburger

I think the Browning Buckmark Carbine s/a .22Lr fits your requirements exactly.
Short, very light, and of high production quality, great for plinking, and with the right amo (I use Eley Contact) also good for occasional rabbit control up to 50 Yards.

Whitebeard

I have a Sig 522 Target, highly recommend it. It’s accurate, versatile and reliable. A bit on the heavy side, but not too bad. I don’t think they make them anymore, so snap one up while you can. It’s a much nicer rifle than the 15/22.
I had the Sig 522 SWAT, wish i had kept it, miles better then the 15/22 with a steel reciever rather then the all plastic S&W, remarkably accurate, easy headshots on rabbits at 75yds with RWS subs, and a great plinking and fun gun,

Ian.

Dodder

I've had a few, Brno 581, 10/22, Anschutz 525 and currently an AMT Target. My advice - avoid the Anschutz 525 - the most inaccurate rimfire I've ever had the displeasure of owning. I have an Anschutz 1422D bolt action which is great - I think Anschutz must've had the 525 made under license in Taiwan....

I would have a 581 again - nice solid reliable little rifle once I had cut about 4 coils off the mainspring so it cycled eley subs reliably...